In Between XXXI : Jacobs' Mansion

"I won't be coming with you. I hope everything turns out great." Jed said the day we have finished recording two albums.

"I hope this will help." I said holding the two CDs. I grabbed my bag and exhale louder, "this will really change my life." I said turning my back to Jed.

I walked out of the studio and passed by the wall Niall used to lean on, it makes me sad to think of the words I told him last time. I guess he deserved an apology from me, I should have said sorry earlier before this day, so he can come with me and take away these butterflies on my tummy.

I drove passed different cities, the stereo on my car just kept repeating two to three songs. I stopped by a cafe and started having lunch in my car, I opened my bag to find the 2 CDs I have recorded for the past two weeks. I put it on and listened to it. It was nothing more like the usual except that it has different tone and lyrics, but the emotion remains, nothing.

I listened to both of the CDs while driving. And then I stopped by a huge gate. I turned off the engine and got off the car leaving everything behind.

Through the very big gate, I can see a wide garden, it's so green that it is pleasant to the eyes with dotted roses from this distance.

I checked the piece of paper on the back pocket of my jeans. Yes, this is the place, I'm sure that I'm not mistaken.

This is the Jacobs' mansion.

It is 2 times larger than of Austeen's. The whole area was green, grasses, fountains, roses and trees are everywhere. A huge number of maids watered the place, and there, a huge white glass house rests in the middle. The place is so amazing that if you bring a child here, he would instantly believe in fairy tale.

I breathe deep before approaching the gate. A maid glanced at my direction but didn't came near me, the same with the others. I looked at myself, maybe I don't look like a celebrity or aristocratic person that usually enters this place.

"Who are you?" I almost jump to find a woman leaning on my direction on the other side of the gate. I heard some giggles from the maids.

I headed to the front of the woman, and just stared at her, I handed her the piece of paper, "Is the address right?" I asked even though I'm a hundred percent sure that this is really the place.

She nodded and there, an old woman appear on her back asking me the same question, "Who are you?" She asked, though her face shows that my face is familiar.

I gulped a few confidence and cleared my throat before answering, "I'm Jane." There's a pause, "Jane Austeen"

Some maids from the back turned to my direction with wide eyes, showing that it is a mistake for an Austeen to come here. The woman in front of me, I guess the head maid, immediately made a face, "this is the place of Jacobs, and an Austeen like you has the courage to come even an inch closer to this pl--" she was cut off by the old woman on her back.

"Jane..Austeen, you said?" She said surprise covering her face. She brushed the woman away and reached to open the big gate.

"What are you doing!!" The head maid tried to stop her but she couldn't, the gate is already open. I can hear murmuring maids on the back.

The old woman reached for me and rests both of her hands on my cheeks, examining my face.

"Is that really you, Jane?" She asked, and I know that she knows about me more than anyone in this place.

I nodded. There's this expression on her face that made tears roll on my cheeks. It is as if she's been waiting long and now that I have arrived, she won't let me go. There's loneliness and longingness on her eyes.