Chapter 56

I LOVE THAT PICTURE UP THERE. THE BOY IS EVEN WEARING A CHECKERED SHIRT TOO.

Hours had passed. The house had slowly lapsed into silence after the sudden intrusion, and everyone had been made to stay in their rooms. A breakfast of peanut butter and jam sandwiches and black coffee had been brought up to their rooms an hour before, and their empty plates now lay beside the door. They had nothing to do but wait.

And worry.

She had only seen Leon being beaten up before she was chased back to her room. She hopped nothing else had happened since then.

All of a sudden, the door burst open and a person was pushed in. Hana instantly knew it was him, even when he staggered, and took a few steps to steady himself. She heard him sigh as he brushed his coat, then watched with baited breath as he raised his head, and stared straight at her. Those familiar grey-blue eyes, and that lopsided smile; she thought she'd never forget that sight, for he looked just like an angel.

"Hey", he said just as Sabine blurted out a 'What's happening?'

"Hello", she quietly responded.

He looked good. He had on a black coat over an army green parka and a red checkered shirt. He was also wearing a pair of black jeans tucked into the Doc Marts that they'd bought together. Except for the slight wince in his face when he took a step, and the mess of fringe across his forehead, he looked fine.

"Oh." The other girl turned to her with raised brows. "Do you know him?"

"Yes", she said, her eyes still on him.

"But...but, he's the guy who just - !" Sabine was getting worked up as she half rose from her bed. "Isn't he that Russian mob boss or something?"

Her head whipped from Leon to Hana, and back to Leon again, unable to comprehend the situation.

"You were at Lujuria before!" she continued, trying to wrap her head around the matter, "And you just...attacked us, right?"

Leon's gaze slowly turned to the other girl's, as if suddenly aware of another presence in the room.

"Sabine...? Would you mind if I have some time with her?"

Speechlessly, she took a step back and shrugged a shoulder. Then, glanced at her friend before staring back at Leon. Her movements were unsure and shaky, as if she didn't feel safe leaving her friend alone with the person who just attacked their house. Hana shot her a brief smile and mouthed an "It's fine" as the girl gave her one last glance before moving to the door.

"Well", she started, looking back at her friend, "I'll just go look for Asier for a while. Shout if you need help."

That last line was said as she directed a glare at him.

~

Hana's feet scrambled into action once the door shut behind Sabine.

"Leon."

She was standing across him, air and scuffed floorboards separating them. In three large steps, he'd crossed the room and picked her up to crush her to him. Suddenly, she was lifted in the air and had to place her feet on his. His head lowered, and his lips covered hers, while her arms found their way around his neck.

"I missed you", she whispered, amidst their breathless kisses.

"Mm."

Slowly, she felt herself being walked backwards until the edge of the cabinet met her back. A pair of warm hands slipped under her sweater to meet her waist, and to travel up her sides. She squirmed slightly, suddenly remembering that she had something to tell him, but it didn't seem like he was going to let go soon. His grip on her was tight, and his lips over hers were urgent.