Chapter 11

Tori's pov

I'm awoken by my phone ringing obnoxiously loud beside me.

"Hello?" I ask my voice laced thick with sleep.

"Tori the gathering is tonight!" My older sister screeches loudly into the phone.

"Shit!" I curse loudly. Jade starts to wake up and she opens her eyes.

I cup her cheek with my other hand and gently run my thumb along her jaw. She leans into my hand before turning her head and pressing her lips to my palm.

"Don't tell me you forgot." Trina says dramatically and I sigh.

"I did."

"Go out and buy your dresses! Jade is also invited." She says before ending the call. I look at my phone and see that it 9:30. Okay, that's plenty of time.

"Who was that?" Jade asks her voice deep and scratchy. She sits up and I realize that we fell asleep on the big comfy arm chair while watching a movie last night.

"Trina. She was reminding me that the gathering is tonight. You're also invited." I say. She looks confused and I remember she doesn't know about the family gathering.

"Every year or so my family throws a family gathering of sorts. It's the only time my entire family is ever in the same state. I have a really big family. It's pretty much a big night to enjoy ourselves and have fun. Dance. There's food. I never told anyone though because it's a family thing but this year your invited." I explain.

"Oh okay. Well I guess we need to go shopping today." She smiles.

I nod before getting up and walking to Bella's room.

After I wake her up she demands that I carry her so pick her up and walk to Hadley's room.

I shake her awake and she barely opens opens her eyes before glaring at me. Did I mention she hates to be woken up before noon on Saturday?

"Why are you waking me up?" She asks grumpy and groggily.

"One word. Gathering." I say.

She gasps and sits up.

"I completely forgot about that." She says fully awake now.

"Hurry up and throw on clothes we'll stop somewhere on the way for food." I say walking back to my room. Well Jade and I's room. I grab clothes as does Jade and we quickly get dressed. I grab clothes for Bella and change her as well. Jade grabs the car keys and we all put on our shoes before walking out the door.

I start the car after Jade hands me the keys and turn on the radio. The only exception by Paramore comes on and we all start singing.

In the middle of the song Jade reaches over and puts her hand on my lap lacing our fingers together.

Before we get out of the car I tie my newly dyed hair into a high messy bun. Some of the short hairs fall and I tuck them behind my ears. We walk up to the shop and I grab Jades hand. She smiles at me and we walk in. All of us immediately start looking at dresses.

"Babe, what do you think about this one?" I ask Jade while holding up a dress.

"I like this one. What about this?" She holds up a black dress.

"You should get that one. It suits you."

"Guys, how is this?" Hadley asks as she walks out of the dressing room.

"It looks nice." I smile and Jade and Isabella nod in agreement.

Bella picks out her dress and we pay before walking out.