Chapter 5

Tori's pov

What is taking Jade so long? How long does it take to order coffee? I get out of the car and walk into Starbucks. I gasp stopping in my tracks.

Jade is straddling a guy on the ground repeatedly punching him in the face. He flips her over and hits Jade in the face before she flips them back.

Two police officers rush in through the doors and pull Jade off of him. Jade's kicking and screaming to let her go. Now that she's off him, he stands up and I realize who it is.

Jake.

He smirks at me walks over to me.

"Don't get too comfortable. I wanna have some fun soon. Just like old times." He smirks and trails his thumb over my cheek before walking away. I start shaking and my eyes sting with tears.

While he's talking to his brother his eyes lock with mine and I stay frozen in place.

Once they leave I run over to Jade. I grab her face in mine and hers immediately softens.

"It's going to be okay. Call Beck." She smiles reassuringly but I can tell it's forced.

One of the police officers grabs handcuffs and puts them on Jade's wrists.

"Wait! What are you doing?" I ask frantically.

"Ma'am your friend here just assaulted that young man. She going to the station." He says as they drag her out of the building.

I run out to my car and drive home.

I run inside and go straight upstairs to my bedroom and lock the door. I grab my phone and go to my contacts clicking Becks name.

"Hello?" He says through the phone.

Cue the tears.

"Beck." I choke out. This isn't the first time she has been arrested. That's not why I'm so scared. It's the fact that she's not hear, Jake knows where I live, and I'm alone with no one to protect me from him possibly coming for me.

"Tori what's wrong?" He asks, his voice laced with concern.

"Jade got arrested." I say barely getting the words out. What if he comes here? What if he takes me or does it to me again?

Okay, stop with the what ifs, Tori. Your probably just over reacting.

"What!? Why? What happened?" He rushes out. "Never mind I'll be at your house in five minutes." he says before hanging up the call.

Jades pov

This sucks. I got arrested for beating up a guy that raped and put my girlfriend through hell. I punch the guy and I get arrested?!

Wait, did I just say girlfriend? Is she my girlfriend? I'm gonna have to ask her soon. I'm seventeen so technically still a minor so they can't keep me here any longer than tonight.

I hope Tori is okay. She is probably freaking out though I would be too. I just hope she isn't alone. When she's alone her mind runs wild. That's never a good thing.

I don't like the thought of her being alone tonight. Jake could come after her. She isn't safe alone.

I hope she called Beck, he knows what to do when this happens. He will come and bail me out. I know that for sure. That's if she called him though. I think she did. Tori hates being alone, her parents went on vacation yesterday for about a week which was nothing new really and Trina is at some friends house.

My mind drifts and I start to think about everything. I need to do better. I need to stop messing with Tori's feelings. It's not fair and it's cruel. I like her a lot and I need to be honest with her about it.

I police officer bangs in the bars with his keys before unlocking the cell and letting me out. He unlocks the cuffs and takes them off my wrists.

"You just got bailed out. You're free to go." he says.

Instead of seeing Beck, I see Tori in black skinny jeans, my redish skull sweater that I left at her house the night before and a yellow beanie.

She runs up to me as soon as she sees me and jumps into my arms. Literally. She wraps her legs around my waist and her arms go around my neck.

"I missed you so much." She says but it comes out muffled since her face is in my neck.

"It was only a few hours. I missed you too though." I say quietly.

That police officer is staring at us and it's really creeping me out. Then lets give him something to stare at.

She pulls back slightly but only long enough before she crashes her lips against mine. Her lips move in perfect motion with mine. Guess we had the same idea.

I set her back on her feet not breaking the kiss and feel her warm hands cup my cheeks. We both pull back at the same time and look into each other's eyes.

Her eyes are bloodshot, revealing that she has been crying.

I weave my cold fingers through hers and walk out of the station. Right before we walk threw the doors I catch a glimpse of Beck standing by Tori's car. I let go of her hand and lock eyes with her. She makes a weird face.

We get in the car and start the drive to Beck's trailer to drop him off.

After dropping him off and going back to Tori's house we end up in her room sitting up against her head board on her bed, fingers locked, and watching a movie.

She lets go of my hand and sets it in her lap. I go to grab her hand but she pulls it away.

"What's wrong babe?" I ask her looking into her eyes and seeing hurt.

She shifts uncomfortably and shrugs. I scoot closer to her and wrap my arms around her waist. She doesn't hug back. She just sits there deep in thought. I pull back and look at her.

"What's wrong? Your starting scare me." I ask her.

She looks down at her hand and starts picking at her nails.

"Are you ashamed of being with me?" She asks so quietly I almost don't hear it.