Chapter 17: Crazy stuff is going down

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later he text back.

" Meet me at the pool hall."

" Ok I will be there soon."

I drive to the pool hall. I walk in and go to James office. He lets me in and tells me to sit down.

He says, " What is wrong?"

" I found Nicole fucked up on pills yesterday. She has been having an issue with this for a while. She told me she would be stoping by the end of the month but it doesn't even look like she is trying."

" We need to have an intervention for our sweet Nicole."

" That is what Lisa and Jamie both said and I think I will be doing it. Jamie also said we need to do it for the pot also."

" I agree with her."

" I didn't want to push Nicole away but I rather take the chance."

" You should."

" Ok and I went to the bar last night. I got drunk and two girls came on to me. I got drunk because of what happened."

" You knew about the pills so you shouldn't have went out and gor drunk. All you can do is tell her sorry."

I nod and then walk out

******

I go to my aunt who is a therapist. She lets me in her house and give me a hug. She says, " What can I help you with?"

" Do you know Nicole Ray?"

" Cheif of police daughter? I know of her but don't know her personally." My aunt is my dad's sister.

" Well I need to have an intervention and I don't know anyone else to ask."

" I can help you but I need to know what it is for."

" She has problems with pills and pot."

" I need to ask someone from a place that she can get signed into."

" She is a high school student so I don't want her to miss school. I want her to agree to come see you once a week and to go to a support group two times a week."

" I will help for free and I know of a free support group also."

" Thanks."

" Your welcome now get your group together and get her over to your house in 20 minutes. I will be over there in 15." I nod and leave. I text Lisa, Jamie, and James to let them know to be at my house in 15 minutes. I drive to my house and get snacks together. My friends arive and then my aunt. My aunt says, " You guys need to show her that you care about. We don't want her to feel traped. She will feel like this is a set up. Each of you guys need to say something that feels supportive but not mean." We all nod.

" I like how you set out snacks. The snacks should make her feel welcome. Now get her over here."

I text Nicole and tell her a white lie to get her over her. The text I send says,

" Hey Abby wants to play with her please come over."

A little bit later she is knocks on the door. I let her in. She doesn't even try to hug me. She walks in and I close the door. My aunt says, " Nicole please come into the living room."

Nicole walks in and sits down. She says, " Where is Abby? You told me that she wanted to play with me. What is going on here?"

" As Abby's aunt I don't want her around you at this point in time."