Chapter 3 - A Date With a Dick

-------------------------------------------

"Excuse me for a minute, I'm just going to use the bathroom," I say, sliding out of my seat. I grab my bag and throw Chase a small smile.

"Okay, hurry back," he says. I nod and scamper off to the bathroom. When inside, I whip my phone out of my bag and dial Kayleigh's number.

"Hey babe, what's up? How's the date going?" she asks.

"Terrible!" I cry. "Chase is so rude!"

"Really? Wow. How d'you mean?"

"Well, he ordered me a salad because he said that he thought girls like to watch their weight, and in the car on the way here he was making fun of our singing from the other day! And he wouldn't stop opening my fucking car door."

"Really? Well Callie, remember this, it's Chase Saunders. I mean, most girls would die to be in your position right now!"

"I guess, but he's just such a jerk! He keeps throwing me all of these cliché lines and, oh my god, he's such a dick. All he's talked about this whole time is football. What should I do?"

I hear Kayleigh sigh at the other end of the phone. "Look, I don't know. It's your first date, you should be enjoying yourself! Speaking of enjoying yourself, has he kissed you yet?"

"I suppose. And, no, he's not tried anything yet. To be honest, if he does try something, I'll probably not let him," I sigh. If he gets those lips anywhere near my face, that'll earn him three punches in the nuts. Jeez, they're really starting to add up.

"WHAT? Why?" Kayleigh shrieks, and I'm certain if there was anyone else in the bathroom right now, they'd be able to hear her.

"Cause, he's a douche!" I say. "I want my first kiss to be with someone I really like, and I'm fairly certain I do not like Chase." I know what you're thinking, how pathetic, she's not even been kissed and she's seventeen. In my defence, I can't help it if guys don't like me like that? Sure, I'm kind of pretty and stuff, but with Kayleigh next to me all the time, I guess guys are kind of intimidated. It doesn't bother me, though. I've not met a guy yet that I've properly liked, well, since middle school, but I don't like to think about that. I mean, I thought I liked Chase, but now that I'm getting to know him, he's kind of an air-head.

"Seriously? Wow, okay. So, what're you gonna do?"

"I don't know! That was kind of the reason for this phone call!" I say, getting really agitated.

"Well, just do what you think is right, that's the only advice I can give."

"Okay, thanks Kayleigh. I'll see you later."

"Yeah you will, and I want all the details when you get home, 'kay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Bye," I say, then hang up. I realise that I've probably been in here for a while, so I quickly look myself over in the mirror, reapply my lip gloss, then step out of the bathroom. I'm about to head back to Chase, when someone leaving the men's-room catches my eye.

It's Jace, the arrogant dick from my class, looking rather hot in black jeans, t-shirt and his usual leather jacket.

Wait, did I just think that?

I try to slip past him, but it's kind of impossible, seeing as we're in a tiny room which leads off to all of the different bathrooms.

"Callie?" he asks in disbelief. I stop dead in my tracks. So, he remembers my name.

"Eh, yeah?" I say, turning to face him. His eyes slide up and down my body, taking in my five-star outfit.

"What are you doing here?" he asks. He's probably the only person in our school who doesn't know about my date with Chase, considering he never turns up.