25. Pain

Leo gritted his teeth as the director struggled to maintain his breath. Leo squeezed his neck tighter, causing the directors face to turn a light shade of purple.

"Leo, stop! Don't stoop to his pathetic level" Ravi yelled from behind him, finally catching up to the rest of us. "Let's just get out of here".

Leo flung the director onto the floor, and turned to help me off the ground, still showing anger in his eyes.
I dusted myself off, and looked around at the many guards that surrounded us.

"Just because you are not human, do you think we'd just let you leave ?" Park Yoon cooed, as she stepped in front of Leo and I. Leo pushed me behind him, as Park Yoon continued to taunt us.

"You have no microchip" Leo hissed, as he glared at her.

"Hmmm yes" she nodded, and smiled. "We may not have the chip, but we do have the person who created it" she continued, gesturing over to Hakyeon, who was now constrained by two guards.

The guards began emptying Hakyeon's bag onto the floor, carelessly kicking around his expensive equipment.

"Oh what do we have here?" Park Yoon chimed, as she picked up one of the lethal bottles Hakyeon had shown us earlier on, and began reading the label.

"So you can be defeated after all" she grinned, and neared us, pulling out a syringe from her lab coat. "Let's just make this easier for everybody, lets kill the non human first".

"You are not touching him" I snapped, stepping in front of Leo.

Park Yoon laughed as she withdrew the liquid from the bottle into the syringe. "Well why don't you go first?, let's see if your non human boyfriend has any emotion towards your death".

She pulled me forward, as four guards grabbed Leo, and held him in place as I felt my own arms being held tightly behind my back by another guard. I looked around as all my friends, all the people I loved, were bound. This was how it was going to end. We tried everything we had, to get to this moment of defeat.

"Any last words?" Park Yoon whispered into my ears as she held up the syringe to my throat. I looked over at Leo, who tried to to free himself from the grip of the guards, looking at me with fear in his eyes. I shut my eyes tightly. Not wanting to see him in that state. The last memory I'd ever have, was seeing someone I loved, in a tremendous amount of pain.

Suddenly we heard a huge commotion outside the building, and a land rover drove straight into the front entrance of the glass door, leaving shattered glass everywhere. Leo broke lose, and pushed me out of the way, immediately attacking Park Yoon. A man jumped out of the Rover and shot the guards with a dart, each one of them collapsing at the sudden impact.

"Its about time you guys showed up!" Hakyeon exclaimed, and greeted one of the two rescuers. "Come on you guys! Get in now!" He yelled, pulling Ken into the Rover.

I grabbed Leo, and tried to prevent him from killing Park Yoon. He finally turned back, and realising we had a chance to escape. We began walking towards the Rover when Ravi yelled.

"Leo!" He screamed, as one of the guys shot yet another dart behind us. I turned around and watched as Park Yoon fell to the ground. Leo stopped walking, and slowly reached up to his shoulder.

"W-whats w-wrong??" I stuttered, and looked at his trembling hand. Leo pulled out the lethal syringe out of his shoulder blade and threw it on the floor. His body became limp, as Ravi and Ken ran out to hold him up. I stopped dead in my tracks, as I watched them lay Leo in the back of the rover, as he grimaced at the pain, tossing and turning as Ravi tried to calm him down.

I heard them call my name, but it was a whisper. My vision became unclear, my world became bleak. I watched as Ken grabbed my hand, and led me to the back of the rover. I kneeled over Leo, and intwinted my hand in his, as we made our way out of the establishment.