15. Mundane

I threw my bag onto my bed and immediately started looking through the dvds we had found in Ravi's desk. My hands trembled, the memory of Leo responding to Jung Taekwoon, kept spinning uncontrollably around my head.

"This is invasion of privacy" Ken pointed out for third time already.

"I'm just borrowing it for now" I replied, sticking out my tongue.

I got out my laptop and slipped the first disk into the CD drive and bit my nails nervously. The screen turned black, but there were distant voices in the background.

'what are you doing?'
'I'm going to document this...show the world the uncut scenes from the project'
'You just want to act stupid in front of a camera don't you?'

Suddenly the camera was focusing on a lab room, facing a work table and Ravi's face popped up on screen. Smiling widely.

He looked so happy, so care free. There wasn't a trace of anger and heartbreak in his eyes.

'Hyung, come and say Hi to the people of the world' Ravi yelled, looking behind him.

I swallowed hard, as someone walked towards him.

'This is so pointless.' It was Taekwoon.

He was as beautiful as his humanoid. His black hair fell over his light brown eyes, his mouth curled into a little smirk as he bent down slightly to look into the camera.

'Annyeong' he sighed deeply 'can we get back to work now ?'
'You're so charming' Ravi replied, nudging his brother to the side.

I paused the video, and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to shake off my nerves.

"Are you okay?" Ken whispered, squeezing my hand slightly.

"I'm fine, its just a bit overwhelming you know" I chuckled a bit, pressing play again.

The video went on for another two hours, just Taekwoon and Ravi working on what looked like a microscope. Their interaction was warm. Taekwoon seemed content at this moment, enjoying his job with his brother.

"Hey this one just has Taekwoon's name on it" Ken mumbled as he handed me the CD.

I carefully inserted the CD and pressed play. The image immediately cut to Taekwoon leaning over the work table, looking completely at wits end.

He had bags under his eyes, his skin was pale and lifeless. He glared down at the machine in front of him in disgust.

'Hyung, please just do this with me, you know what will happen if we don't obey their orders' Ravi begged, placing his hand on his brothers shoulder.
'I'm not going to be apart of this, I already told them and they fired me. You should leave while you can, before these things destroy the entire lab' Taekwoon spat, slamming the door behind him.