I'm watching you

I pick up the rose to make sure it's real and not some horrible hallucination from the concussion Johanna Mason gave me in the arena.  No.  It's real.  Or at least I think it is.  I throw it down on the table and run out of the house, forgetting about the passenger in my bag.  The rose was a promise of revenge.  Snow was sending a message to me.  It whispers, I can find you.  I can reach you. Perhaps I am watching you now.

I'm so lost in my thought I run straight into Peeta.  "Katniss! What's wrong? Are you okay?" He ask worried.  "It's Snow...He was here.  He left me a white rose.  That's what he did last year before the Victory Tour.  Gave me a rose." I say.  I don't know if he fully understands what the rose means, but he is the only one I will be telling.  They are finally starting to wean me off my medication that traps me in nightmares.  I can't tell them this.  I'll go right back to the hospital.  But I know Peeta doesn't think I'm crazy, even if I do question my sanity.  "Katniss, it's okay.  The rose itself can't hurt you.  Only he can if you let him." Peeta says trying to calm me down.  I only nod in response.  "Did you get what you wanted from the house?"  He ask.  "Yes. Did you?"  He nods. All of a sudden Buttercup lets out a angry growl.  Peeta looks at me and smiles.  "Prim will be happy."  I nod and say "I wish the animal that was actually useful was still alive and not this annoying thing." I say.  Peeta just smiles. The hovercraft starts to come down and Peeta and I board it.  I will never like these things.  They remind me to much of the games.

Gale is onboard and doesn't look to happy.  I'm not sure if it's because Peeta is here, right beside me, or if it is seeing his home in ashes is what brings on the look.  Probably both.  "Did you see what you needed to see." Gale ask.  Peeta and I both nod in response.  Gale see's movement in my bag and says "Better hide him.  I don't think their to big on cats in 13."  I just nod. Not really in the mood to talk after what I just witnessed.  But I suddenly ask, "What will I tell Prim and my mother?" I don't want to say anything to my family about it.  It's to painful.  "I doubt they'll ask for any details.  They saw it burn. They'll mostly be worried about how your handling it."  Gale responds.  Peeta looks lost in thought. Probably thinking about his family who is no more.  Because of me.  "Like I am." Gale continues.  "I'll survive" I answer.

When we arrive back in 13, Peeta walks with me to my compartment. I think he wants to see Prim's reaction to Buttercup as much as I do.  I take a deep breath and walk in with Peeta.  My mother and sister look at us.  Concern written on their faces.  Seeing how we are handling it. They are at home for 18:00 Reflection but it becomes 18:00 cat adoration when I set my game bag down and open it for Buttercup to jump out.  Prim sits on the floor weeping, holding Buttercup and rocking back and forth.  I smirk at the look Buttercup gives me when Prim puts a blue ribbon around his neck.  My mother hugs the wedding photo tightly against her chest, then replaces it with the book of plants.  I hang my father's hunting jacket on the chair.  For a moment, this place almost seems like home.  So I guess the trip to 12 wasn't a complete waste.

Whoo hoo! Two updates in 1 day! I know I haven't updated in months, but I hope these long chapters make up for it! I will try to update more often now, if you guys would still like me to continue the story that is.