A Familiar Story

Hey Guys! Another chapter for you and I hope you enjoy it! Sorry for the extremely slow updates but real life is kicking me in the butt ;) I'm now a full-time college student and was elected to become a Senator At-Large in SGA. Plenty of work comes with that and I even have office hours! Crazy huh? Anyway, I'll stop talking now and let you enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Darek was walking back home from his shopping trip, a wave a delicious smelling food hit him. It actually made him pause for a second in surprise because he couldn't believe anybody in this area could afford something that delectable. So, Darek was completely baffled when he reached his house which turned out to be the origin of the smell. He numbly pushed open the door to find Omega sitting at the table eating a mouthwatering piece of meat with veggies on the side. However, his attention soon focused on a plate of the same amazing looking food across from Omega.

He slowly made his way to his seat, aware of each small step he took, and sat down a little numbly. He looked up at Omega in confusion and wondered if this was for him because this couldn't possibly be another gift. Omega watched as a dumbfounded Darek made his way to his seat in bemusement. He was looking forward to all the times he planned on getting that look from him, and Darek didn't know it yet, but he was going to have that look many times.

Omega decided to take pity on the man and said, "Are you going to eat?" Omega smirked at the slight shock on his face and actually chuckled when Darek picked up the fork and just stared at his food. Just to tease him further, Omega said, "You use the fork to stab your food and put it into your mouth." Darek halfheartedly glared at Omega, not being able to put much effort into it, before cutting himself some juicy steak.

Omega smiled as he watched Darek's eyes flutter closed as Darek's taste buds sang in joy. He could tell that Darek hadn't had any flavorful food in a long time so he felt really good about allowing Darek to enjoy such a simple meal from him. They ate in silence for the next 10 minutes just enjoying the meal, albeit, one more than the other. As they finished up, Darek said, "Alright, so if you can make sure guards stay away from the house or warn me ahead of time, I can start constructing the guild's layout. Can you do that?" Omega simply nodded.

"Good." Darek cleared off the table and spread out parchment while Omega started to walk to the door. Darek said over his shoulder, "This should take a few hours so I'll see you then." Omega waved behind him and yelled, "Gotcha!" Darek turned around and got to work making his plans while Omega took position outside, hidden to those around him.

~~~Three & Half Hours Later~~~

Omega had to distract a couple of suspicious individuals who looked like they were snooping around but otherwise had no problems. Darek, meanwhile, was inside and surprised by how much he remembered of the base. He was able to fully cover the entrance level, three quarters of the second level and a quarter of the third level.

Darek didn't know when Omega was coming back inside since it passed three hours so he walked outside and looked around for a second. When he didn't see Omega, he went back inside and decided he would just have to wait for him. However, only seconds after he went back inside, Omega also entered. Darek was a little surprised that he didn't see Omega if it only took him a couple of seconds to see him, come out of his hiding place, and then make it to the door.

Darek just shrugged and was surprised that he was already getting used to Omega's ways. He motioned Omega towards the table with spread out maps and information sheets so they could go over his plans. "So the first floor is comprised of offices, the new recruit information center, and other smaller organizations that make up or help the guild. There is a certain ventilation route we could take to get around everybody without being seen or heard which would deposit us at the end of the hallway next to the stairs. Once the coast is clear, we can jump out and head down the stairs deeper into headquarters.