Tenth Unit

HEYYYYYY!!!!!! Long time no see peeps!!! I know it's been an extremely long time since I've updated and I really don't have an excuse to cover up the whole time. But I can tell you fate apparently didn't want me to start writing yet a couple of weeks ago since when I finally tried to get on to write ... my computer wouldn't turn on.

You know, whenever I would read a story and people would say their computer broke or they lost their story, I would think, 'man tough luck.' ... I now see what's it like. Luckily, I could still get documents off my hard drive so I didn't lose my story.

Anyway, I've finally got a new computer and wrote up the next chapter and am now presenting it to you all for your pleasure ;).

Once again, sorry it took so long and I still can't guarantee any upcoming updates. I'll be quite busy this year being the Vice President of SGA while also taking courses very important to the degree I'm working on. So, wish me luck both for classes and finding inspiration to write.

I'll stop now and let you read the awesomeness of Machai's time in the tenth unit!! XD

~~~

As he walked down the grand hallway, he admired the effort put into each part of the hall. Each pillar had its own designs, which looked to be parts of history, and the artifacts on the podiums were most likely priceless.

The others were looking back and forth excitedly, conversing with each other about anything and everything. Machai picked up a few conversations like what the army would be like and their plan to rise up in the ranks.

Once they got to the end of the hallway and everyone was out of the room, the 'tour guide' turned around and addressed the group.

"Hello everyone, my name is Hevo and I'll be taking you to your quarters and answering any relevant questions about the army. You may choose to wander if you wish but know I won't be waiting for you if you get lost." He turned around to keep walking. "Now, this statue was made by ...," and that was how the majority of the tour went.

Though, as they passed one intersection, the tour guide actually stopped and said, "These two plaques here are probably some of the oldest and most important artifacts in the universe. Not because of monetary value, but because what is written on them." Machai couldn't really see them since he was so far away but if he strained his eyes he could make out two silver edged plaques with white writing on a solid black background.

"These two plaques each contain a prophecy." And that was when Machai lost complete interest in it. He'd had enough of prophecies and wanted nothing to do with them. However, he had a bad feeling that somehow, he was a part of one whether he liked it or not. He just hoped Hevo didn't speak them out loud.

"One of them is known as the Great Prophecy and the other as the Minor Prophecy, though I don't find foretelling the heir of Chaos very minor." There was excited chittering going on between everybody as they rushed to read the prophecy.

Machai just stood off to the side and let everybody pass him, not wanting to get even an inch closer to it until it was time to go.

'I bet you're the main one in both of them.' Machai almost jumped at Razack's voice in his head.

'Well good day to you too. You finally decided to separate your mind from mine?' Machai said with some amusement. He always wondered what it would feel like to link your mind with another and 'fall asleep.' Of course, Machai did try it with Razack controlling his body but he never hit deep sleep.

'Yep, I thought I should pipe in to make sure you didn't delude yourself into thinking you're not special or something.' Machai groaned while Razack laughed. All Machai could do was hang his head, because he was pretty sure he would at least play a minor role in both prophecies. He just hoped he wasn't the main one in either. Definitely since the minor one was becoming the heir of the entire universe.