Sixth Year

I own nothing and no one apart from ' the pheonix girl '.

Cassy Dumbledore P. O. V.

"Lily!" I yelled.
I was staying with her for the week before we went back to Hogwarts for our sixth year in a few days.
"Lily!" I yelled again, Mrs Evans had told me that Lily had told her that she had gone to get some bread and milk from the shop but I knew that she hadn't because she had gone in the direction that the sign post pointed out as 'Spinner's End' instead of town.
I walked down the dusty dirt track that had a load of trees growing on the side.
I heard raised voices and turned to them Stepping into the forest I saw from a distance, Lily and Severus Snape arguing.
"If you would just listen!"
"I have listened, and I've seen. All that dark stuff your doing!"
"No it's not like that!"
"Not like that?" Lily yelled, in histerics. "How many people have you cursed this week?"
"No I w-"
Or are you just going to call them filthy bloods instead?" Lily shouted and turned on her heel and strode back in the direction of her house.
Snape also turned and stormed in the oposite way.
I ran and started looking for Lily. Eventually I found her, she had sunk down against a tree and was quietly sobbing her heart out.
"Lils." I asked softly.
She looked up at me through soaking wet eyes.

***Flash back***

"I don't need your help you filthy mudblood!"
Lily stood shocked, her eyes began to tear up. Then she blinked away her tears and said, "Fine Snivilus!" And walked away.
I was the only one to follow her to the forest and see her sink down against a tree and sob.
"Lils?" I asked and her glittering green eyes met mine.

***end of flash back***

"Are you okay?" I asked.
She nodded and I sat down beside her.
There was a long silence.
"Think of something happy." I told her.
She looked up at me and tried to smile.
"Think of your sister's face when we pranked her!" I said.
Lily raised her eyebrows.
"Okay- I pranked her!"
Lily laughed and wiped her eyes.
"Do you want to go back?" I asked and Lils nodded.
I jumped up, gave her my hand and heaved her up. Then we linked arms and walked back. When we got to the end of the dirt track I stopped Lily and pointed to her sister who was kissing a big round boy.
We ducked behind a fence and I turned to Lily.
"Who is that?"
"Vernon Dursley!" She laughed.
"He's very chubby!" I said and we both howled with laughter.
We walked out from behind the fence and I tripped and Lily tripped over me. Petunia and Vernon who were still snogging, looked round at us. Their faces were hilarious but Lily did a better job at keeping in her laughter than me so I turned away and went in the house. When Lily came in we both ran up to her room and collapsed into fits of laughter.

When the time came for us to board the Hogwarts Express, I was very excited because I had never been on it before.
We found an empty compartment and dumped our stuff. Then we said bye to Mr and Mrs Evans and went to sit down.
Eventually James, Sirius, Remus and Peter walked in. James went to sit next to Lily, they had been going out from the end of last year. Peter sat next to James and Sirius came and sat next to me with Remus next to him.
"Sooo" Sirius said. "Have a good summer?" He asked.
"Yup" I said, popping the P. "I stayed with Lils for some of it" I said and I swear I heard James muttered "Lucky" And I grinned.
Eventually I fell asleep on Sirius' shoulder.
When Lily came to wake me up to go get changed Sirius leant away and said, "I kept trying to push you off. I have a sore shoulder now." He said.
I looked at his shoulder and saw a slight red patch on his arm.

When we got to Hogwarts we got an exciting ride in the thestral carriages (Hagrid told me what they are) and then we went to the great hall.
I noticed that Sirius didn't look at any girls on the way in, he just kept his head down which way very unusual. Maybe he had his eye on one girl instead of fifty.
After Uncle Albus' speech and the feast we all went and got a good night's sleep.