Twin Cores

I'm dedicating this chapter to Charlotte190703 because they are commenting and voting for this story!

I own nothing and no one apart from ' the pheonix girl ' and maybe a few other characters I might create.

Cassy Dumbledore P. O. V.

The next morning me, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter watched the Slytherin table very closely. At exactly 12 O clock their hair started to change colour. Every hair on their head was either red or gold. All of them looked horrified and a prefect called Lucius Malfoy looked murderous. We all ended up getting one detention with Professor Slughorn who just chatted to us about our families instead of making us do wotk. Me and Lily settled in and as the weeks went by the lessons got slightly more exciting. I visited my mother every night in my Pheonix form and we discussed classes and then went for a fly around the castle.
One morning we were discussing wands at the normal loud Gryfindoor table before we went to our first lesson: DADA.
"Mine has willow and a unicorn hair." Someone said.
"Mine is 11 inches, dragon heart string and Holly." James said.
"Mine's 10 1/4 oak with a pheonix feather core." Sirius said. And Lily begun telling me about how one of the wands she had tried in Olivander's had knocked Olivander over through the window and onto five wizards in the street.
Later in our defence against the Dark arts lesson we were learning to duel.
"with all the charms and hexes we have learned so far I think that you should be able to begin learning to duel." said Professor Halley. "Choose a partner and begin, the people who successfully wins the most duels will battle each other and we will find a winner."
I immediately paired up Lily and I looked round at the rest of the class. A boy called Amos in Hufflepuff was trying to convince another boy from Hufflepuff to practice with him. James and Sirius were paired up and Remus and Peter were getting ready.
"You may begin." Professor Halley told us.
I looked at Lily. She cast a Jelly Legs hex at me and I deflected it. I cast a giggling jinx and she reflected it back on me. I cast a shield around myself and yelled "expelliarmas!" Inside my head.
She was sent backwards and her wand flipped into my hand. I walked over and helped her up.
"Wow." She said. "Your brilliant!"
"Thanks." I muttered and looked around for another apponent.
The Hufflepuff boy called Amos Diggory came up to me and we began to duel. He was very good but I defeated him with a laughing curse then a disarming charm. All of the girls from my dorm were watching and looked at me.
"Only a few people defeated Diggory." One of them said and I looked at her.
"Who should I duel next?" I asked. James and Sirius were still dueling so Remus stepped towards me. He started by sending a tickling hex at me and I deflected it. He was very good and very fast and we continued for several minutes, stopping each other's curses. Eventually I sent a throwback curse at him and he wasn't quick enough and he flew back and was about to hit the wall when I stopped him. I caught him with wandless magic and floated him towards the ground.
"That was great Cassy!" Remus told me. "Your a natural!" He said.
"Yes well done Miss Dumbledore." Professor Halley said. "Five points to Gryfindoor." Then she turned away. "Mr Potter, Mr Black I think you should stop dueling each other. You have been doing that for a very long time. You have already set fire to my favourite rug. I do not want my whole classroom destroyed before lunchtime." She said. I laughed and they looked at me. They shook hands and we all begun to look for partners. I defeated everyone I was paired against and so did James and Sirius. They walked over to me.
"Ah looks like our friend Dumbled-Cassy is undefeated." James said.
"I think we need to show Miss Cassy that we can beat her." He continued and stepped forward. Everyone in the room was watching and I felt myself blushing.
"Fine with me." I said quietly to him and we begun to circle each other."
"Remember that I would like my classroom back afterwards, you two" Professor Halley said.
We both jumped forward and began to duel. The spells and hexes started off simple but then got more dramatic. Amos Diggory was thrown backwards by a hex that James had fired at me and I deflected. He landed on another Hufflepuff and everyone apart from me and James laughed.
Eventually he started to get tired and I threw him back with a levitating jinx that most third years couldn't accomplish. (I have learned a lot living with Uncle Albus)
James was defeated so Sirius jumped forward yelling "I will avenge you James!" really loudly.
We begun to circle each other but no one cast any spells.
"Knock her down!" yelled James "You can beat her!"
Lily was cheering for me and the whole class had stopped dueling yo watch. They lined the walls and yelled for me or Black.
We circled some more ant at exactly the same time we cast our spells.
Our jinxes met in the middle and stopped. My wand started to vibrate and I could feel the power coursing through it. Suddenly, fire burst out from the connection and a pheonix erupted from the flames. The bird flew around us both and suddenly dived at the connection. It broke of both of our spells then came to sit on my shoulder. After a few seconds the pheonix from our wands vanished. Both me and Black were staring at were the bird had just been.
"Oh my goodness!" Cried Professor Halley "We have twin Cores in this class!"
Then she went on to explain what twin Cores were. (Find out in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) But was very confused of why the pheonix favored me over Black. I knew- it was because it was my feather in both of the wands but I couldn't tell anyone about that yet.
Professor Halley started telling everyone how twin Cores are really rare and the wand holders have to have some kind of bond. Then we were dismissed. Great, I have just found out that me and Black have a bond.

***sarcasm*** Fabulous.