What I am

I own nothing and no one apart from 'the pheonix girl' and maybe a few other characters I might create.

Cassy Dumbledore. O. V.

I was 11! Me and Albus were going to Diagon Alley later that day and I was passing time by reading one of Albus' books in my room.
I was not actually related to Dumbledore. Well my mum was, a kind of spirit familiar bond thing. Well my mum is a pheonix.
I turned back to Albus' book of 'Rare and Fantastic Creatures' and laughed at the random page I had opened it at.
'Pheonix Children' I laughed again.
A pheonix can posses the power to create a human child. This child is extremely rare and powerful, however they are only created at exactly the right time, under the exact right circumstances if there are no other pheonix children on the planet. They can perform wandless magic. Their patronus will be a pheonix and are able to turn into a pheonix animagi. They are able to talk with birds and are very loyal. The child's hair will set on fire when this child is angry and is immune to fire. They gave a naturally high temperare. This child will grow up until it is killed when it will return to its birth place and start over again at an appropriate age. The Pheonix Child can only be truly destroyed forever by the dementors kiss.'
Yep that was me. I'm so special. I loved my mother and Albus. I had to pretend I was Albus' great niece because me and my mother have to live together (it's a pheonix thing) so I go by the surname Dumbledore. And my full name? Well my mother gave it to me: Carissa Candice Calandra. My mother was a little Greek and it means: Beloved Fire White Singing Bird! But that is a bit of a mouthful so I go by Cassy Dumbledore.
Ah speak of the wizard.
"Hello Cassy" Albus said from the doorway, smiling at me, his eyes doing that sparkly twinkly thing. "Happy birthday!" He said. 'are you ready to go to Diagon Alley." He asked me and I nodded. He told me to get ready (I was still in my pyjamas) and then go into his office.
I looked in the mirror, trying to decide what to wear. My hair was down to my waist. It started a bright ginger at the roots then merged into a bright red at the bottom, like fire. I remembered a time when I was angry because a fifth year Slytherin wouldn't let me pass ( I live at Hogwarts and am well known by the students and staff) and my hair burst into flames and someone had to get Albus to calm me down (I was 7.)
I decided on some black jeans, a black jacket, red shoes to match my hair and a golden t - shirt to match my gold eyes.
When I was ready I headed into the office to find Dumbledore waiting for me. We stepped into the fire together and Albus threw down some floo powder and we started spinning. When we stepped out we were in Diagon Alley. I had never been there before but heard a lot of students talking about it.
I looked around and saw loads of amazing products in the shop windows.
"First stop Gringotts," Albus said. I knew that it was the goblin bank.
"But Uncle Albus, I don't own any money because mum doesn't- I mean didn't own any money." I said. I had to pretend that I was an orphan otherwise dark wizards would come after me because I'm a Pheonix Child.
"Well Cassy I have a suprise for you." He said as we entered the huge marble building and walked up to a counter.
"Cassy Dumbledore would like to enter her vault." Albus said and the goblin at the counter.
"And does Miss Dumbledore have what is required to get into her vault?" the goblin asked. I looked at Albus, confused. Students had always told me that at Gringotts they asked for a key.
I followed the the goblin and Uncle Albus to a cart and we hurtled of. We stopped in front of Vault 712.
"Hogwarts owns vault 713 to 720 and I own vault 710 and 711. This vault is yours." Uncle Albus told me. I walked over to the vault door and saw a pheonix engraved on it but there was no key hole.
"Please could Miss Dumbledore press some of her hair against the door." the goblin said and I did. The sound of a Loud mechanical click as it opened and I saw piles of gold, silver and bronze coins.
Me and Dumbledore started putting some of it into a velvet pouch that was on the back of the vault door.
When we walked out of Gringotts we went to the robe shop. Inside were two other first years getting fitted for robes. The boy had shoulder length hair that was black and slightly greasy. The girl who was on the stool next to him getting fitted had green eyes and ginger hair.
I walked over to the counter with Dumbledore.
"Hello dear." She said to me, then looked at Uncle Albus. "Professor Dumbledore!" She said in suprise "How can I help you?"
"Good afternoon Madam Malkin." Albus said. "I was hoping to get some robes for my niece here," He said pointing at me.
"Of course." Madam Malkin said taking me to a stool next to the girl.
"Hello, I'm Lily" The girl next to me said. I smiled at her and replied.
"Hi, I'm Cassy. Are you going to Hogwarts too?"
She nodded but we were interupted when the lady fitting her told her that she was done. Lily told me that we would see each other at Hogwarts and her and the boy walked out.
When I was done, me and Dumbledore went and got all the rest of the stuff on his list. We passed a tall white haired boy and then a stern looking woman who was yelling at a boy called Sirius because he had hit another boy called Reguland or something.
We hot to Olivander's and walked in. This was the part I was most looking forward to.
"Hello Dumbledore! Hello Miss." an old man said to us. "Ah we meet at last Little Pheonix." He spoke to me. "But I am not sure if we have the right wand for you in this shop, however will try." He said and he begun looking for wands while his measuring tape measured me.
After trying all the wands that were my size and none of them working, he took the last one in his hand (the one that had pushed over his whole shelf) and looked at it then me.
'Miss Pheonix please would you give me a hair from your head." Olivander said suddenly.
I pulled one out and gave it to him. He then went to his counter and got out a knife. He sliced the wand in half then pulled out the pheonix feather core and twined my hair around it. Then he waved his wand and they merged into a larger, brighter feather. He put the feather into the wand and handed it to me.
"That is no longer a feather belonging to Fawkes. That is your feather." He told me.
I grasped the wand and felt a warmth come to my hand. Flames erupted at my feet and I grinned. I had found my wand.
"How much?" I asked and he smiled. "It is free of charge, you are the core." He said.
"How can I repay you?" I asked, then I had an idea. I transformed into my Pheonix firm and plucked out a feather. I transformed back and handed him the feather.
"For one of your wands." I told him and he smiled.
"Thankyou very much Miss Pheonix. I think I will put this in an oak 10 and a quarter wand that needs a core. That may even be sold today. Thankyou very much." He said.
Me and Albus walked back to the floo fires and flooed back to Hogwarts. I stepped out of the fire place and gasped. A beautiful scarlet pheonix flew onto my shoulder (it wasn't my mother) and I heard a chuckle being me.
"I see you have found your familiar." Albus said as I stroked the golden feathers.
"He is beautiful." I said, staring at the Pheonix on my arm.
"Happy birthday!" Uncle Albus said to me and I smiled. My pheonix was the best birthday present ever!