SiXtEeN: dEcEpTiOn

SiXtEeN

dEcEpTiOn

I blink and stare at Grimshaw. His words don't make any sense. 

How can he have a twin?

They hasn't been any word of twins being born since the Zombies came. Normally, twins would just both die inside the womb of there mother yet he says that he has a sister that's his twin. How the hell could this happen with no evidence?

"Not there is no records of twins since the Zombies came." I stated and Grimshaw's eyes glowed red with anger. I gulp and feel fear creep up on me but it quickly disappears as he takes a deep breath, looking down to the ground. His whole face turns glum and gets up, walking to the closed door. 

"They lied. The Docs all lied when my sister and I's birthday wasn't recorded because we were born in secret. No knows of this besides Danielle and now you. Keep it quiet," he said then his eyes flashed back to a frightening red, "Or you'll die." 

"Grimshaw, calm down. Ya're scarin' the girl." Danielle said as she walked back in with a needle and empty tube next to it. 

My vision swarmed at the sight of the needle and my eyes widen. My vision suddenly went dark and something flashed through my mind. An image of a little girl, barely five,  with long brown hair stared at herself in the mirror. She wore an old brown rag as a dress and no shoes were worn. She had pale features and dull green eyes that held no emotion. She played her lips and pushed them up to reveal teeth then she smiled and six fangs came from her teeth. 

"Pretty..." she whispered and ran her fingers over her fangs, her skin piercing the fang. Suddenly blood began to pool out and she shot around to me, her eyes wide. 

"They're coming." she said and I gasped as I felt like something stung my heart.

I shut my eyes then snapped them open to see Danielle with the needle now full of blood-most likely mine. She rolled the cigarette in her mouth then sighed, turning to Grimshaw who stared at the blood but didn't attack her. 

"Why aren't you attacking her?" I ask him and he turns back to him, shrugging.

"I have more self control than others. My abilities are enhanced even more because of the special blood I have." he answered and I raised an eyebrow. 

Special blood? What does he mean by that? 

"What do you mean by special blood?" I ask him and he stops then blinks. He chuckled a bit before replying, "Ops, I didn't mean to say that. Ignore what I mentioned." 

How the hell does he think I'm going to forget that?

I growl out a curse and look back to Danielle who's staring at my blood like it was a specimen. She frowned and sighed, looking over to me. She walks over drunkenly and grabs my chin, rising it up to stare into her hazy eyes. 

"Just like Xander." she whispers and Grimshaw flinches at the name, "Same hair but eyes are different. Personality wise, she's like him too. He must have given her something besides those qualities." 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I hissed at her and she blinked back to reality. 

"Huh?" she questioned then shock her head, sighing, "Sorry, girly, I sorta blacked out for a moment. Happens quite often so expect that for the next couple days. You'll be with now, girly." I stare at her for a while as the information settles in. 

A couple days?

We were gonna break out of here today. This is all my fault. 

If I didn't go mad when Brink attacked me, we could already be hiding out of here with plenty of supplies and time that no one would notice us. Damn it, everything's my fault! Why was I even stupid enough to think we could get out of here without any consequences?! 

"Damn it!" I scream and the two stare at me in confusion. Danielle sighed and walked over to a table, sitting down on it and pulled out a box of cigarettes. Her eyes looked sad as she put another in her mouth and dug out a box of matches, lighting the thing. Grimshaw walked over to him and bent down, only inches away from my face. My heart pounded against my chest and his cold breath, made the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

"You know", he whispered, "You're not normal."

I can't help but nod and he chuckles a bit while moving closer to my neck.

"Good. Then tell me," he says, "Why do you believe in these deceptions?"

My eyes widen and I manage to head butt his head, causing him to move away in shock. His eyes were full of sorrow and he narrowed them while stalking over to the door.

"Danielle, I'll be out to get something to drink. Make sure you don't say anything she's not suppose to hear." he said and she raised an eyebrow at him.

"What makes ya think I'll say somethin' wrong?" she asked innocently while he cursed, pounding out of here. She laughs and I stare at her in confusion.

What secrets could she hold? She's not here all the time; she's always drifting in and out of reality thinking about something-or someone. 

"Exactly my point." Grimshaw muttered and left so we could talk without him spying on us.