(1)

Zara POV

"Yes Misses Hang you are allowed to go home now." I giggled at the funny old lady in front of me. She wasn't a regular, but each time she came she was hilarious. She'd complain about almost everything I did.

"Well it is about time, my new boyfriend and I were planning a date for tonight and I'd just hate to miss the opportunity to get my groove on." I laughed as she did her little slow dance.

"Okay Miss-"

"I told you a long time ago to call me Pat. Saying Miss makes me sound old." She complains

"Okay Mi- I mean Pat, I'll go get your discharge papers and so you can get ready for your date tonight." I turn and head back to the station. Grabbing her papers and signing off a couple thing I bring them back to her room so that she could sign off.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asks while handing the papers back to me.

"Sure anything."

"Where's your husband?" I blushed at the blunt question.

"Ummm....I don't have a husband Pat and I don't need one." She waves me off with the roll of her eyes.

"I don't care what any strong independent woman says, it's always best to have someone to love you."

"I did at one point but we went our separate ways."

"He cheated?"

"No. It's just I couldn't allow myself to be with him. He went on to be a very successful man and I wasn't and still not, ready for him and his life style."

"Love conquers all. If you two love each other like you say you do then...in the end you'll both be happy. Have a nice day!" She says before leaving me to myself to think about her words.

Not today, keep your tears at bay...

It was a reoccurring chant in my head since that day, week, month, that year. I had almost everything I wanted in life right now. Yet I felt so....empty.

Miserable....

Gathering the papers I carry them back over to the station. I hear my phone start to ring and head to my purse to pick it up. See as it was a blocked number, I knew exactly was calling. I answered.

"Hey Devin, what's up now?" I ask jokingly as I file Pat's papers.

"Oooo cold greeting to your loving brother aye?" I giggle.

"Dev!"

"Okay, Okay, I just wanted to let you know that I just might be able to make it home for Christmas." I sqeauled in delight before noticing where I was again.

"That would be great Dev! I miss you!"

"Yeah I miss you too..." He mutters something in the background that I can't quite make out (So does Bran)... "Here's the thing, if I come down this holiday, I have to bring a gift with me."

"Well no duh, Christmas is where you exchange gifts. Just bring me something you no I love. I'll be sure to actually think about your gift this year...maybe a Chihuahua?" He groans and I laugh.

"Please don't I hate those things."

"Well just know it will be special."

"Okay, well I'm sure you have to work and I have to peel so I'll speak with you later." He hangs up and I roll my eyes at my brother's rude tendencies. Christmas was literally....2 more months away. :-(

I wonder what gift he was going to give me this time...

Branson POV

As I'm quickly, furiously, shuffling through these papers, ready to tear my hair out I hear a knock at the door.

"What!?!" I bark thinking it's my annoying little Secretary that seems to think I would be interested in the tight clothing she wears.

Disgustingly Desperate

Without answering to my question, someone strolls in and I lift my head to see my right hand man cringing at the sight of me.

"Damn man you look like shit." He bluntly states and I send him my cold glare. Although we've been best buds since childhood, he can still be an ass. Devin Anderson.

"What do you want Devin? I'm not in the mood for insults today." He plops his irritating ass in a seat.

"I have some great news for you." He states clapping his hands together.

"Like what, you're losing that hideous hair style." I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"No, but even better. Guess where you'll be staying for Christmas week."

"Here." I stress and he rolls his eyes once more.

"No! At Zara's!" At the sound of her name, I sit up immediately.

"Zara's, she's allowing me back into her life?" I ask, anxiously.

"Well, I told her I was planning on coming home for the holidays and well....mentioned bringing a gift. I told her I was gonna bring her something she loved and hung up." I run my hands though my hair.

"Devin you know it's not right to lie to your sister. What if she expects something...better? And is disappointed when she sees me?"

"Man...she still loves you. This is the time of year where she yearns for companionship the most."

"I swear if anything goes wrong, it's your ass." I say trying to hide my smile.

"I know, I know, but no one can stay mad at this face for long." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Welp, I have a baddie I'm meeting at the club tonight and I want you to go home and not think to hard about my sister. That's just nasty." He snickers.

"Ah shut up and get out! She gonna be on my mind while I'm-"

"Okay! Okay! I'm gone you pervert!" He yells running out the door. I plop back in my seat with a silly grin on my face. Opening up my desk drawer, I pull out the latest picture I have of my beautiful Zara.

When we meet again, you'll be mine...I'm sure of it.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Decided to throw in this chapter during the mist of a project and an essay I have to have done by the end of this weekend! Hope you enjoyed it though....

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨