Prologue: Sneak peak

Zara Anderson and Branson Costello in mm

"Branson I can't be with you! Being with you could literally put my life in danger! What you wanna do in life is illegal and I'm not up for that! I want to be a nurse!"

"But Zara I love you! Can't you let the occupation situation go and we be together? You're the only woman I could ever trust! We shared something special together Zara! We took each other's virginities! This is my life! Your brother has accepted, why not you?"

"I- I will always love you Branson. This lifestyle is not for me and I can only hope you have the best. Protect my brother to. He's in this mess with you." Branson sighs before planting one final kiss to Zara's forehead.

"I can only hope that one day we'll be together Zara. You are forever in my heart." Zara watches as the only man she'll probably ever love, walks away to his car. He was now going away to Harvard to study Business so that he could take over his father's legal business that made billions in shipping and and other big businesses it owned.

You're probably wondering what was so wrong with him wanting her to be with him if the business they had was legal and made billions. Well the business was owned by the Mafia family known as the Costellos. I had little knowledge of what they did on a daily, but I knew what illegal things they consisted of. Killings and drugs. Two things that I was bound to stay away from.

How did me and Branson meet you may ask? Well Branson and my brother have been like two peas in a pod since they basically grew up together. It wasn't  until our teen years that Branson and I started to get really close. The only guy I could be around and no one suspect anything suspicious. Everything was great, he was my first every thing. First kiss, first boyfriend, first to take my most prized possession, and first love.

I would be lying if I said I was unfazed by his departure. Just knowing that I couldn't associate myself with him anymore hurt my heart dearly to no end. I cried for days and days turned to weeks and months till I finally had no more tears. My heart felt as though it was ripped apart, but there was nothing I could do about it now.

Branson would try and get in contact with me, but I'd simply ignore his calls. The fear of hearing his voice and breaking down again haunted me. I could only imagine how heartbroken he may be from me not returning his simple call. Knowing that the only way he could get a message by was to contact my brother. His right hand man. My brother knew we had love for each other and always encouraged me to be with him, but my fear got the best of me and I couldn't risk being associated with him. I could barely talk to my brother unless it was straight family related. He always called my phone with a different cell and a blocked number.

My life now I'd say was going perfectly fine. I wasn't the type looking for love when my life was filled with my nursing work at the hospital. Honestly I never looked for love because I've never gotten over my first. My brother was still an undercover person for Branson and Branson I'd say was living it up pretty well. Although his life was very private for a 28 year old bachelor. I don't even know what he looks like now compared to what he looked like the last I had seen and spoken to him.

Branson's World Now

Closing up another deal, I couldn't help but yearn for that endless companionship with a woman. Being 28 and not already producing heirs for the throne was bad. How hard it was to find a decent woman when all they wanted were money and fame.

She was never like that.

My mind drifted to the love of my life. Zara Anderson. When I had left her my life had become hell. I was miserable not seeing her everyday. Listening to her beautiful voice as she sung her new favorite slow jam. I cried hours on end for her, drinking my way through college. My heart being ripped from my chest made me the ruthless man I am today. I'd still have dreams that'd turn into nightmares the moment she's gone.

I could only wonder what she was up to now. Last I had heard from her brother, she was doing well with her nursing job and has a nice house. If only she was in my house...

I wish she would've accepted my life so that we could've been together. To think that by this time I thought I would've fell out of love. Never would that happen. I would only hope that her feelings hadn't changed either. It would kill me to hear about her being with some other man. I'd probably have to kill him.

I'd ensured that my happiness was to be shared with Zara and if it wasn't, then there would be no happiness. Life would go on as usual...a soulless body wondering the streets in search of his true love.

Again....
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!
That was...deep.

Tell me what you guys think of this little sneak peek and if I should pursue writing this book in the future.

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨