Part 23

Steve stared at the wall of the elevator. He crossed his arms across his chest, and waited to reach the main floor. The doors opened abruptly and Rumlow and a bulkier man followed behind. The other man went over to the panel and spoke, "training floor" he said in a deep voice. Rumlow stood across from Steve. "Pretty messed up what that bitch did to you. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up going to jail or even worse."

Steve turned to face him, "what did you just say?" That ruined Steve's mood. He was happy when he got in the elevator, but that mood was completely gone now. "Oh?" Rumlow said curiously, his face twisted into a mischievous smile, "so you and her are still together?" Rumlow paused for a second, "after all she put you through? Sex must be good then or something for you to stay with her." The man with Rumlow let out a deep laugh in accordance to what Rumlow said.

Steve couldn't handle it. His right leg was aching ever since he got on the elevator, but he chose to ignore the pain. He moved to his left leg to take off some weight on his right. He tightened his hand into a fist. What happened next, well he wasn't really thinking. He let a huge blow to the side of Rumlow's nose and he grasped it in pain. "Shit, Rogers! What was that for?" His nose was obviously broken. Blood began to spew out of it a little. "That was for calling Natasha a bitch." Steve winded his fist again and punched the side of his face, "and that was because I felt like it."

Luckily the elevator door had opened before Steve even thought of doing anything else. He had known for a long time who Rumlow really was. Who he really worked for. Steve exited the elevator and made his way over to Sam. "You ready Cap? Looks like you need to let of some steam." Sam said as they walked out and into a car. "Yeah, well a little to late for that."

___________________________

Two months later

Steve still wasn't back from finding Bucky with Sam. Natasha didn't really mind him looking for his old friend, but not when she had something to tell Steve. Natasha felt abandoned. Like Steve had left her when she needed him. So, Natasha chose not to think about it too much. She was sitting on a bench outside the court room. Clint was sitting right next to her. "Natasha, you really should tell Steve. He deserves to know." Clint said adjusting his tie. Today was the day that they would both defend shield, at least the shield the government knew of. Not its dark secrets of hydra, and how it was building. "Since when does Steve deserve to know?" She said shooting a glare over at Clint, "he left me. That was his decision." Natasha wrapped her hands over her stomach as it was a little round, but not noticeable enough for anyone to know.