Oakland, CA (1)

Thanks for some lovely replies! Remember to vote/comment/follow if you enjoy! These chapters will get longer once I get into the swing of things so don't get used to these short ones.

----------------

The hour long flight over to Oakland was awkward to say the least because as Kirstie predicted, they had been sat alone together. The two of them spent the majority of the flight there with a heavy silence between them, neither wanting to speak to the other in the fear of addressing their problems. When they did talk though, it was small talk. They commented on their excitement for the tour, they went through choreography that Avi desperately needed to learn, they discussed what they were going to do as soon as they landed. Both of them avoided the subject of their relationship, tiptoeing around it like it was a bomb that could explode at any minute.

He had helped her with her over head luggage the moment they were allowed to stand up and Kirstie got the impression that he was more eager to leave the close confinements of the plane than she was. She didn't blame him either, he had got the worst deal from their relationship falling to pieces, at least she had gotten a boyfriend from it. Immediately, Avi begun queuing to get off the plane, leaving her still at their seats before she had even thought of getting off.

In the airport they stayed at opposite ends of the group to each other, occasionally throwing a glance to see what the other was doing. He was joking around with Mitch and Scott, laughing loudly at Mitch's tired ramblings and Scott's snarky remarks back. Kirstie didn't realise it but deep down she felt a pang of jealousy. Prior to Seth, it was always her, Mitch and Scott - the trio, the original members, but everything had changed since then. They were still friends, she hadn't removed all contact to them like she had Avi, but they were nowhere near as close as they used to be. Mitch and Scott had disliked Seth from the moment they first saw him but they had been civil with him, for her sake but then Seth had drunkenly made a joke that came across as homophobic in front of them and the two had stopped talking to him all together. She knew that in their eyes Seth was public enemy number one but they never mentioned it, not to her and for that she was grateful. They were still her friends no matter how much they hated her boyfriend.

As they waited for their bags to be unloaded, she pulled out her phone to find that Seth had tweeted about how sad he was about her leaving. Naturally all the fans had responded about how cute they were and she quickly typed out an equally cheesy reply about how much she missed him too. Despite their lack of passion, she did miss him. It was hard not to miss someone you see everyday, she missed being in his arms. Being away from the people she loved was hard but at least what was keeping her from them was worth it.

"Kirstie." A voice pulled her away from reading the fans' replies.

She knew who it was the moment she heard the voice, his deep voice was just so recognisable. Thankfully, the fact she knew who was speaking to her gave her a moment to compose herself for whatever was about to come. She took a deep breath and anxiously looked up from her phone in the direction of the voice.

"Yeah?" She replied quietly, unsure at what was to come. Avi rarely started a conversation with her voluntarily. In the bright lights of the airport, he had forced her to talk to him for some reason but from his sheepish body language, she could tell he wasn't enjoying the situation. He could barely return her eye contact, his eyes darted around the airport as he squirmed under her gaze.

Finally, his eyes dropped to a large object beside him and Kirstie finally noticed what he was there for. She had been too panicked about the whole situation to realise he had one of her suitcases with him.

"Here's one of your's, I recognised it as it went passed us." He mumbled nervously and pushed the suitcase towards her by the handle.

"Thanks." Kirstie muttered back, reaching out to take the handle off of him, their hands brushing together momentarily.