Leaving the dance

{Annabeth}

Argus came around 10:30, so Percy and I waited outside for 10 minutes. I could see him shivering, but when I offered his jacket back, he shook his head.

Finally Argus got there, and Percy jumped in the nice warm limo, and I was right behind him. Cozy.... Warm....

"Percy," I whispered, since the screen that separated the driver and passengers were up and the others weren't here yet. "Tell me you love me."

"I do," he said. "I love you. But remember what we vowed?"

"That she won't get between us," I reply, but I knew that she was. She had ways of twisting my head and telling me I'm not good enough.

"Yeah, and we have to stay strong," he said. He put his arm around me.

"It makes us stronger," I agreed. Leo jumped in the van.

Leo began to sing. "🎵what doesn't kill you makes you stronger-"

"Leo, I've been through enough tonight. I can't handle getting my eardrums blown up." Percy sighed. He messed around on his phone watching skateboarding videos from a guy named Andrew Schrock.

I close my eyes as I snuggle up into his white shirt.

"Annabeth," Percy whispered in front of me.

I looked to him. He was holding a baby in his arms. I looked around. We were sitting on a picnic blanket at the beach. 2 children were playing in the surf. This was Camp Half-Blood- Long Island Sound.

"He's sleeping!" He whispered. He cradled the baby in his arms gently with the look only a caring father would have. I smile.

"Hey, baby boy," I say to the boy. He has black hair. The boy and girl playing out in the surf have blonde.

The 2 children in the surf run to me. I see they have breathtaking sea green eyes. They looked about 5.

"Mommy! That woman is here!" Said the boy.

"She's here to take us!" Said the girl. I stare at them.

"Daddy, hold me!" Said the boy, and flung himself at Percy. I looked admiringly between the 3 children and Percy.

I woke up to Percy carrying me into my room. I rubbed my eyes.

"Hey, Annabeth," he said. "Goodnight."

He went to leave and I called him. "Percy."

He turned. "Hm?"

I hesitate. "What if I have nightmares?"

He smiled at me and crawled under the covers. He wrapped his arm around me, and I put my forehead against his. I kissed him gently, and he deepens the kiss and pulls me closer.

{Percy}

I wait for Annabeth to fall asleep before leaving her room.

"Goodnight," I whisper, before leaving and heading for my room.

I change into sweat pants and go outside to my balcony. I pop the tab of a Red Bull.

"You know things get hard?" Said a female voice. I almost spit out my drink. I spun around to see Aphrodite.

"Yeah," I say after recovering from my shock. "Like right now?"

Aphrodite smiled sweetly. "You're welcome."

I almost died. Aphrodite was doing this? I thought she loved Annabeth and I...

"But what if she breaks up with me?!" I asked.

"Oh, I planned that already. If it happens. Highly doubted. But still. You'll lose your will to live, and the last months of your life will be torture."

"Wow, thanks..." I sigh. I tap my fingers on the railing, and take another swig of Red Bull. "But, will it be ok?"

"I have plans, Percy," Aphrodite shrugged with a sorry expression on her face.

"You'll break us up?!" I yelped. I couldn't imagine that...

"No, no. Go to sleep, you will see..." Aphrodite said. And she took her finger and ran it gently from my eyebrows to my lip. I suddenly felt asleep. I took a gulp of Red Bull but it didn't help. Then I dropped the can and stumbled, heading for my bed.

{Annabeth}

It took me a while to go to sleep. But then suddenly, I got so tired I could barely open my eyes.

My dream was terrifying. I was in darkness, but that wasn't the scary part.

"Annabeth," called a sweet voice.

"Aphrodite?" I asked.

"Shh, child. Watch." She said.

Then my dream cleared. But then I saw a dark room. Percy was trapped, and he beat his fists on the wall, crying for help.

"He will be tempted to go to Carey," Aphrodite announced.

"Please don't..." I beg.

"Hush, child," Aphrodite's voice said. "Watch..."

"Oh, please," I beg.

"No!" Percy yelled. "I love Annabeth!"

He kept on, and finally I heard somebodies fingers snap.

I snapped awake. Percy stumbled through the thresh hold. He looked half-conscious the way he was stumbling around.

"Percy!" I say. He stumbled over to the bed, and collapsed, with a horrified look on his face.

"You won't believe what just happened," he sighed.

"You were tempted?" I asked.

He looked confused. "Hm?"

"I saw." I reply. His phone rings. I look at the time. 3:30. Thank the gods it was Saturday.

He crawled under my covers, and I pulled him closer, wrapping my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me too, and I kissed him.

I woke up again at 8:30 to find a note on my bedside table. I took it, and opened it. Percy rolled over with his back to me, and I opened the envelope.

'Annabeth Chase and Perseus Jackson,

Annabeth, Percy's love is too strong to even be tempted by me. 😌 it's sooooo cute! But I have a feeling you 2 won't break up. So keep a strong relationship. Also, Carey has a very strong way in words. She can convince just about everybody to do anything. Be careful!

Percabeth4ever,

Aphrodite

I read the note and smiled. I opened the bedside table drawer and stuck it in the drawer. I decided to get ready for the day, leaving Percy under my covers with the pillow over his head groaning about mornings.