X The Monster

{Percy}

I took down our water shield. The cafeteria was 6 feet deep in water. All the students were out but 3 or 4 who were almost to the exit.

I fiddled in my pocket and held my pen in my hand. Annabeth, Piper, and Nico drew their swords/knives.

Clarisse grabbed her spear. It crackled with electricity.

Mr. Craig hissed, his forked tongue coming through his lips. Wait, what?

It was too late. Mr. Craig shrank only a smudge, and the next thing I knew Mr. Craig was a talking Bastillion.

"M-Mr. Craig?" Asked Annabeth. "How the Hades did you turn into a Bastillion?"

He growled and shot poison at us. Oh great. He shoots poison. We all dove into the water.

I grabbed Annabeth and pulled her under a table that was beginning to float around. I created an air bubble for her. She gasped.

"What's the plan?" She asked.

"Ok. No offense, but you ARE a daughter of Athena!" I objected. She smacked me. "Ow."

"I don't have my knife! It's in my book bag!" She sighed.

"Here," I handed her my shield. "Take good care of that. Gift from Tyson."

"I know, seaweed brain!" She said, before attaching it to her arm. I popped her air bubble and swam up. As soon as he saw me, Mr. Craig shot an arc of poison. I dodged it, and made the water rise. I stood on a tower made of water. Annabeth was taking cover behind it. I couldn't see Leo, Jason, Piper, or Nico, but Clarisse stood tall on a table that... Somehow floated?

"Perseus JACKSON!" Yelled the monster.

"Why can't you pick on someone of your own species?" I demand. He hissed and spat acid at me. I ducked. Then I concentrated. The water swirled around me, going in circles. It was almost all the water in the cafeteria. My friends sprawled on the ground, coughing up water and getting on higher surfaces. "Hurt my friends and I'll release this!"

He smirked. "Bring it on, Perseus. I should enjoy you for dinner."

He made his way for the crowd of my friends. I shot my hands towards him, and the water follows my movements. They shoot for him at 50 miles an hour. My friends see it coming, and begin to run. But the impact bounced off of the floor and they were knocked off their feet as the water splashed back. I felt weak, but I ran for Jason, his weakness being water. Along the way Piper, Annabeth, and Leo grabbed my arm. I pulled them up and sit them on top of the table.

When I got to Jason, most water had washed out. Only 2 feet of water was here. Chairs. Tables, pencils, books, paper. Hair bands. Clipboards. Markers. Food, cans, bottles, blood. I find Jason leaning unconscious against a table. His mouth was full of the disgusting water, which later I'd have to remind him that this water was coming from toilets. Supreme Lord of Plumbing! I picked him up and carried him to Piper. Clarisse sat on her table.

"Huh..." Leo said.

"Huh..." Clarisse agreed. We were all frightened. I made the water wash down the drains in the cafeteria.

I exhaled.

Police busts through the door. "Police!" They yelled.

They came in to a completely messed up cafeteria and 6 kids on tables, with one unconscious kid. Leo wasn't doing so well. He was very weak, which didn't surprise me. Water was his weakness.

The police looked confused as to why 5 minutes ago the cafeteria was flooded in 7 feet of water and now it was fine.

I collapsed playing 'horror stricken boy' and Annabeth ran to me, crying. She kissed me, and I acted barely conscious.

Authors note:

More demigod action, or more mortal action?