VIII #Absent

{Percy}

My first dream was of Carey and I slow dancing at prom. But that went quickly, leaving a sour taste in my mouth. The next was of me and Annabeth. We were in college, about to graduate. I somehow knew graduation was tomorrow. We were at the university courtyard. Smooth violins mixed with cellos and guitar. I got down on one knee with a sparkling sea green ring. Then the dream disappeared.

Then Chiron appeared in my dreams.

"Chiron!" I say.

"Why, hello, Percy," Chiron greets me. "I want to know all about today."

I told him every detail about everything, including Carey and the dreams. "Chiron, it doesn't make since! I would never dance with Carey, and then I was proposing to Annabeth in my next dream!"

"Hm." Chiron said. "Well I must go. Goodbye Percy."

And just like that, our alarm blared.

I looked to Annabeth, who still looked a little teary.

"Are you ok?" I asked. She looked like with one wrong word she would crumble to dust and get scattered by the winds and be gone forever. After a pause I said, "what'd you dream about last night?"

She went limp and collapsed, crying in my arms.

"Hey, hey," I said. "I have an idea what happened, don't I?" I put my thumb under her chin, forcing her to look at me, and continued. "I will never, ever, choose anybody else over you, Chase. Now keep it together, and tell me what you dreamed about."

After a few more minutes of crying, she told me about her dream. I was fully aware that the alarm was still going crazy.

"Annabeth..." She had just told me about all of her dreams.

"Mine were... Interesting." I say. I explained all of my dreams, except for my proposal. I figured that should be a secret.

But that just made her bawl even more. I held her in my arms. We would be late for school. That's when Piper came into Annabeth's room with Jason. She didn't look much better than Annabeth.

"Maybe we should talk," I told Jason. Jason and I headed to his room, leaving Annabeth and Piper to cry together.

I entered his room and gasped. The room was light blue with clouds that I immediately knew reflected his mood, because they were huge and cumulus- worried I think.

"Piper worried about Mia?" I asked.

"Annabeth worried about Carey?" He asked.

"Yeah." We both said at the same time.

"She have a dream?" He asked.

"Yeah. Annabeth did. What about Piper?" I asked.

"Yeah." He explained all of his dreams to me, and Piper's.

I explained mine and Annabeth's- all of them.

"Percy, what if they don't trust us?" He asked.

"Man, our fatal flaw is loyalty," I say.

"Right, right," Jason said nervously. He had a balcony like mine and a mini fridge. He had a Flat screen and a PS4 console with a bunch of Superman games.

"Jason, they trust us," I say. "Just, show affection. And we need a plan to get rid of those... Girls."

"Well we've already missed half of first period. Let's just sit this one out." Jason sighed.

I left Jason's room and went back to Annabeth's. She was snuggled in her bed crying. Piper was gone.

"Hey," I said gently and shut the door. "Wise Girl, we're gonna skip today."