1.6

{Luke}.

"What did you just say?" I asked her, disbelief in my voice.

I don't think she meant to tell me that, but she did and I instantly began wondering what had led her to believe such things. Of course Calum still loved her. Why would she think otherwise?

"I'm sorry." She mumbled out, holding her head in her hands and she stared down at the ground in panic.

"Delilah, just wait a minute." I told her, but it was too late. She was already hurrying into the hospital leaving a trail of sadness behind her.

I took some time to myself instead of running to stop her, letting the cold wind blow through my hair as I tried to hold myself together. I saw Ashton walk from around the corner, making his way over to me. I masked all my anxiety and covered it up with a forced smile, greeting Ashton as cheerfully as I could muster.

"Still no Michael?" I asked as we began walking inside.

"Nah. He's a little... Shaken up still." He explained to me, unsure of the right words to use about his situation. "Poor thing. Can't even find the courage to leave his house."

I nodded my head sadly, hoping that I'd be able to find the time to visit Michael amid all the drama with Cal and Delilah.

We arrived in the lobby where Calum's room was located, sitting in the chairs outside as we looked in at the room. Delilah was on one side of Calum, a nurse on the other as they helped him swing his legs over the side of the bed. Calum held tightly onto Delilah's hand, unaware of how completely broken she was feeling inside.

He finally managed to stand on his feet, his legs stiff and too weak to support him on his own, needing the assistance of the nurses as he slowly began to take a few steps around the room. Delilah took a seat down next to his bed as he continued walking around the space. She was unaware that we were watching, forcing a smile onto her pale features whenever Calum looked at her. But when he didn't, when she thought no one even noticed her, that's when she let her facade fall; that's when she couldn't be strong anymore.

"Everything alright with Delilah?" Ashton asked me, concern in his voice as he studied her vulnerable appearance.

"Yeah, she's probably just tired. She'll come around."

-

{Calum}.

I managed to take my first steps since the accident, my legs feeling unnatural as I tried to move them. Delilah stayed in the room with me, smiling whenever I looked over at her.

It was hard to see her so tense when she woke up, almost like she was scared to see me. I understood how she was feeling, though; I was almost too afraid to let her go.

I swear I could feel the distance between us growing, but I shook it off as just fear. We've made it this far; I surely wasn't going to lose her now.

The nurses took off after my physio, and I was helped back into bed left to recover as every inch of my body was aching once again. Luke and Ashton were sitting outside, but they could tell it wasn't the right time for them to come in yet.

Delilah adjusted my pillows and helped me to pull the blankets over me, careful not to bump the IV drip which still remained in my arm. She was yet to speak again, her eyes still not meeting mine.

She took her seat down beside me and sighed heavily, running her hands through her knotting hair. I had a question replaying over and over in my mind and I knew I wouldn't be able to rest until it was answered.

"Delilah?" I spoke up, my raspy voice delicate as I looked to her fragile frame.

"Hmm?" She murmured out as she looked up to me, her face innocent and questioning.

"How did it feel? How did it feel when my heart stopped?"

There was a silence for a few seconds as she thought the words over in her mind, dropping her head and staring at the floor aimlessly. She looked back up at me, hesitant to speak, but she could tell that I needed an answer.

"It felt like hell."

-

Awe, sadies.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

COMMENTS NEEDED: 35

Love you.