1.1

{Luke}. Flashback*

Was this the last time that I was ever going to see him again? Every time I saw him, those were the words I had to ask myself, and what killed was that I was always sure it would be.

It was near 2 am, a terrible time for those heartbroken and I couldn't help but let my emotions completely take over. My head was spinning and my heart raced and I was just about ready to give up on the world. Although there was one thing that kept me fighting though I wasn't sure how long it would last: it was Calum. Seeing him lying there on the edge of slipping away was the hardest thing in the world.

The hallways were empty and the silence was eating me alive. Ashton had left hours ago and I hadn't seen Michael in a day or so. I pushed open the door to Calum's room, closing it and walking over to Calum's beside, every step weighing me down the more I got closer to him.

Delilah was curled up on a chair beside Calum, an old jumper of his covering her as she slept soundly for what may have been the first time in a while. I didn't want put off speaking; I knew that if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to find the courage to again, but at the same time, I didn't want to wake up Delilah. I went with my gut. 

I needed to goodbye; for real this time.

I reached down, taking his cold hand in mine, squeezing his fingers firmly. I looked around the room, pulling up a seat to where I was standing, letting out a deep breath as I collapsed onto it. I groaned in frustration, pulling at my blonde hair as I pulled my lip ring in between my teeth. Everything hurt.

"We're still here, Cal. As crazy as everything is, we won't leave you. Please don't go." I paused, having to stop myself after remembering that this wasn't about me anymore, or Delilah. This was about Calum and the thought that maybe he wanted to leave. 

I stood up again, my hands on the back of my head as I paced around the small room struggling to find the right things to say. I looked over to him as if the words would come to me, but all that came was a flood of tears and broken whimpers leaving my lips.

I bent down to my knees, crouching down until I completely fell to the floor, taking my head into my hands as I completely broke. Cries left my mouth and my body shook and I felt like I couldn't contain it all. "For gosh sakes, Calum!" I yelled, muffled by my hands as I slowly rocked back and forth.

I sat there for what must have been ages, in denial over what my life had come to. It finally sunk in though, I wasn't strong anymore. Delilah was still asleep. Somehow I had managed to not wake her during my breakdown which relieved me the slightest as I pulled myself back up to my feet.

I wiped away the last of my tears, my hands still shaking as I stood before Calum again, my head lowered in shame.

"I'm sorry, Cal." My voice broke, my lips trembling as I focused on him.

"I want you to stay, you know I want that. Maybe you want to go, and I guess... Well, that's ok." My voice completely broke, eyes watering with tears as the beating in my chest rang out through my whole body. "I think I miss you already.

I love you bud, but I'm not going to make you stay, not if you don't want to. It's ok if you give up." 

I closed my eyes, breathed out as if nothing could harm me and murmured: "Goodbye, Calum."

A quiet voice spoke up, almost in a whisper and for a second I almost forgot she was here. After she spoke, the most tired of smiles reached her lips as she kept her eyes closed, pulling Calum's jumper further over her

"I think he can hear you."

~

I opened my eyes, the cold evening breeze blowing through my hair as I shook the memory from my head. Everything still hurt. I thought it would be over now that he was awake, I thought it would be ok. It couldn't be further from what I hoped, though and I only prayed that it wasn't long before we got Calum back; the real him.

We were all going crazy without him.

-

Sucky chapter sorry.

You guys don't comment and it makes me quite sad tbh.

In case you are confused, this is a flashback from Luke from a time when Calum was still in the coma. 

I'LL PUT IT DOWN TO 35 COMMENTS AND IF YOU GUYS DON'T MAKE THAT, I WILL BE ANNOYED.

Love you.