0.4

{Delilah}.

-

You could see the shocked faces of people filling the room, the kind that makes your heart shake in your chest with an ache that penetrates deep like a snake's venom. You could see the trembling of bodies as if their whole being couldn't handle what was happening, as if they might explode from the pain at any second.

Screams echoed the room, but nothing was louder than your own heartbeat as you collapsed to the floor, waiting to hear it break. Your eyes lost focus and nothing felt real except the pain. How could something that hellish be real? How could you survive after the amount of pain that pulsed through your veins?

You felt the burning in your throat as the screams of 'no' left your mouth, as if if you kept saying it, it would change everything. But nothing could ever change it. Nothing.

Broken hearted people flooded the room, cries and whimpers heard in every direction, tears falling down all the lost faces. The way people's voices chocked up, unable to speak; nothing to be said that could make anything even the slightest bit bearable. It's the feeling where you want to scream until your lungs cave in, or slip away to nothingness. It's losing someone and it's the most painful thing in the world.

My eyes shot open in fear as I sat up, panting heavily as I struggled to regain my breath. My hand flew to my chest as I tried desperately to calm myself. It was only then that I noticed a worried looking Luke standing next to me, his eyes fixated on me as his hand rested supportingly on my upper back.

"You're ok." He told me, his eyes searching mine for some sort of answer. I looked down, noticing that I was still in the hospital bed with Calum, his eyes closed as his head rested softly on the pillow underneath him. Thank gosh he was still asleep.

"I can't let him see me like this." I mumbled out to myself, hastily swinging my legs over the side of the bed to stand up. "Breathe, Del. Whatever happened, its ok." He tried to reassure me as I stood myself up, still anxious from the brutal nightmares which only seem to haunt me every time I close my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm gonna leave." I told him, quickly dismissing myself before he had a chance to stop me. My hand let go of Calum's, a slight second of hesitation before I disappeared into the hallway.

-

{Calum}.

I was hoping Luke would speak to me about what him and Delilah were previously talking about, but he decided not to leaving me wondering what it was. I kept my eyes closed, him believing I was asleep, as he spoke to me just as he had done the past few weeks.

It was harder than I thought to remember what it had been like, lying there unable to move or talk. I felt like I had forgotten half of what was said to me, but I still remembered the things that really moved me. It was almost like all of those moments collectively were what pushed me to wake up. I couldn't forget them; they felt too big a part of me.

But things felt different. I wasn't sure how so, but I just knew that things had changed. Though, maybe it was everyone else who had changed, and not me. I still felt like the same old Calum, just more dependent on everyone else.

Luke spoke about the band, saying his worries about everything. We all risked a lot for this, so I know how important it is to him. Its the same for all us, maybe thats why we're so understanding of each other. We're all the same; we all have the same to lose.

A lot of things about our world were troubling Delilah at the moment. I knew she couldn't do most things without worrying about me, or a further impact on the damage already caused. I overheard her saying how much difficulty she was having even to sleep. She never told me any of these things and that bothered me, but I knew deep down that she just didn't want me to have to deal with anything else.

I ignored it at first, and I think Luke did too, thinking that it was just a mumble that left her parted lips. She'd always been one to talk in her sleep, keeping me up some nights with all the conversations we would have that she was unaware of. I think you can learn a lot about someone by how they sleep. For instance, Delilah always made sure that she was touching me in some way, even if it was just her arm slung over my stomach; and I think that shows her need to be close to me. She always had been afraid that I would slip right through her fingertips.

But then it happened again, and again after that. Incoherent words left her mouth and she grew restless, tossing and turning slightly causing Luke's concern to grow. I heard him stand up, that call her name softly as he woke her up.

She seemed distressed from what I could hear, but I kept my eyes closed, unsure why. She dismissed herself and left in a hurry, and just like that, Luke chased her.

-

Long(er) chapterrrr you're welcome.

30 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE ! 30 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE !

PERRIE EDWARDS IN MY INSPIRATION LIKE SHE IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME (AND THE REST OF LM) I MADE A LM/1D FAN ACC ON IG ITS @ nialluhh :D

love YOU.