1.3

{Luke}.

I wondered over towards the door once I was sure Delilah was gone. I picked up the light-weight bag holding a spare change of clothes for Calum along with a few of his possession such as his phone and wallet which were found in the wreckage of his car. I looked over to him through the door and he dropped his head down in shame, suddenly finding great interest in his hands.

I wondered over to him, lifting up the bag slightly to draw attention for my reasoning here, setting it down on the table near his bed. He didn't even mumble out a thanks, but then again, I didn't expect him to.

I suppose he thought I would have left after, and I guess I thought I would too, but I stopped myself, taking this as a chance to try and speak some sense into him.

"For the record, Delilah and I never had a 'thing' going on. We couldn't even focus on anything other than you for the past five weeks." I spoke, my tone harsher than intended and I took note, trying to calm my voice.

He looked up, seeming smaller than usual as he sat on the hospital bed. "Luke, please don't." He muttered, the raspiness in his thick accent beginning to return as his speech became clearer and he was less often slurring on his words.

"Why? Calum, these past five weeks have been hell for us. We sat here in this room, day after day just believing that you'd wake up and everything would be ok. I thought I'd never hear your voice ever again, and here you are refusing to speak. I just don't think it's fair on our part."

"It was hell for me too." He whispered so quietly that I almost didn't hear him.

I shook my head, so desperately wanting to not become angry with him, but feeling the overwhelming desire to let him know just how much pain we were in. He probably didn't even hear a thing. He probably never even knew we were there.

"I did." He mumbled, his voice still low.

"What?" I asked confused, wondering what he was talking about.

"I did hear you."

It was then that I realised I said those last few thoughts out loud.

"You don't understand. You wouldn't even if you tried." He spoke up, his head resting back against the white pillows which supported him upright.

"Don't forget that I'm a part of this too, Calum. I was just as scared as you were, having to see you lie there hour after hour, not sure if you would even make it through the night. Don't think for a second that I didn't feel half as much pain as you did because I guarantee you this killed as much of me as it did to you."

My chest grew heavy as I breathed in and out, the familiar feeling of panic returning to me as Calum noticeably tensed up, quickly becoming agitated.

"I know what it's like, I still feel it every day. Don't give up on her, Calum. Don't say goodbye. I know you're giving up on me."

"No Luke, you're the one who gave up on me. You're the one who was ready to say goodbye to me."

"Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to say that stuff to you? For me to sit before my best friend - who I wasn't sure was going to live another day - and say goodbye to him like I had already lost him? I didn't have a choice Calum. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I never took the chance to say goodbye to you. If I lost you..." I choked up, the sobs in my mouth stopping me from saying any more words.

I looked to Calum, my eyes red and watery as a heartbroken expression covered my features. My chest rose and fell quickly as I hurried to get a decent amount of air into my lungs, feeling on the verge of a panic attack. Calum was still silent, his eyes focused on me though he couldn't help them from drifting away every now and again as an effect from the trauma. 

"We were so close to losing you."

-

Ohhhh.

If anyone would like to make me a cover, that would be greatly apprecitated.

I've had some of these ideas since Chase Me, and ugh, it feels so good to finally use them.

I've got pretty much the rest of the story planned out and I hope it makes you cry. :)))))

COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE, I'M DYING TO KNOW.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN??????

Love you.