1.2

{Delilah}.

Songs for this chapter are: The Girl Who Cried Wolf (5SOS) & Drunk (Edwardo).

I stumbled to my car, struggling to find my keys in the dark. It was near midnight and I was alone with no way to get back to the hospital being completely out of money for a

taxi. I reached for my phone, dialling Calum's number but then stopping myself once I realised what I was doing.

I scrolled through my list of contacts and the only person who I thought would understand my situation was Luke, but I wasn't even sure if he would be there for me at the moment. However, it was starting to feel like my only option so I gave in, calling his number. I waited and waited but he never picked up, nor did he answer any of the messages I sent him.

'Pleaseeee Luek, I need you.' I texted him, the alcohol in my system controlling my every action.

'I'm sorry, I'm drunkK, please answer.' I tried again but I knew it was no use. I knew that even if he did hear all the voicemails I left him, he wouldn't even bother coming to find me; drunk or not.

It didn't feel safe to fall asleep in my car where I was, but it wasn't like I could drive anywhere else. But then again, I was becoming pretty careless about my well being, and with my drunk state of mind, I ignored the dangers and quickly fell asleep.

I awoke with a pounding in my head, my body stiff from the uncomfortable sleeping position I had attained overnight. Heavy bags rested under my eyes and my hair had formed knots from the lack of care it had received. I checked my phone, the brightness from the screen only adding to my headache, discovering that Luke still hadn't replied to me.

I figured I was sober enough to drive now, sleeping 10 hours would do the trick. The roads looked different in clear daylight and I almost lost myself trying to find home. I showered and cleaned myself up the best I could, brushing my teeth to rid the scent of alcohol on my breath, but I was still a mess no matter how hard I tried to disguise myself. There are some things you can't hide.

I waited a while before heading back to the hospital, packing a few items in a small bag for Calum which I would leave someone else to hand to him. I avoided Luke as he did to me, both our eyes looking away as we passed each other.

I didn't even feel angry at the world anymore, I was just angry at myself. Angry that I caused this, angry that I didn't know how to fix things with Luke, and angry that I drank again. Gosh I should have never of drank again. If Calum found out, he'd hate me.

I began worrying that Luke might have told Calum about last night out of frustration with me. What if he told everyone? What if Calum never spoke to me again? I had to stop myself from asking anymore questions, reminding myself that Luke wasn't the type of person to do that to someone, no matter what they had done.

'It was only a few drinks after all. I'll be able to control myself the next time.' I told myself, but I knew deep down that it was a lie. Once I started, I couldn't stop. 'I should never have drank again.' I repeated my previous thoughts.

-

{Luke}.

It had now been a little after a day, and neither Delilah or I had spoken to Calum. We hadn't spoken to each other, either. It killed me and all I wanted was to sit next to him and know that we'd be alright. That's all I've ever wanted these past six weeks, and I thought that things would be different when he woke up, but they still feel the same.

Calum's mum came in, and he was even reluctant to see her at first, but she ended up staying the night, taking Delilah's place at his side. She came and spoke to me before she left, saying how Calum really did need me there despite what he was telling us. She tried to find Delilah too, only none of us had seen her. I would have called her, especially as I was starting to worry, but I smashed my phone onto the ground after she left and it was now in pieces.

Delilah eventually arrived in the afternoon in a clean set of clothes, her eyes avoiding me as we passed in the hallway. Maybe I had hurt her more than I realised. I wanted to speak to her and apologise, to tell her that this was all just getting too much for me, but I got the feeling that she didn't want to see me.

She looked so alone and I know all she wanted was a break, but she couldn't so little as breathe without some part of her aching deeply. Looking at her, you wondered how much more she could take until she finally collapsed.

She left a bag by Calum's door, looking up, and then moving onwards after she paused for a moment. There was always a part of her that wanted to stay. You could see the hesitation in her eyes each time she mentioned leaving and the fear in her eyes each time Calum fell asleep. I had never seen anyone so afraid.

-

What do you think?

Poor Del. She tried to call Luke for help and he didn't reply and she thought it was because he was avoiding her, but poor idiot just broke his phone. : - ( 

Lol, why do so many of you hate Del? I'd  be the exact same in her situation.

40 COMMENTS AYYYYE.