Chapter 5

The first day of school. It's always the best. Then every other day of the school year is terrible. I know that for most kids that the first day of school is the worst, but come on. You get to see your friends that you haven't seen all summer and......... That's about it.

The exception in my case is I have no friends, at the moment.

Probably at any school in the country you all know everyone wants to know the new kid. Usually if they are good looking enough and have a good sense of style they usually fall into the popular crowd. The normal looking kids, who don't look like plastic Barbie dolls, usually are fought over with the less popular groups. It usually takes a few days but in the end the group with the least amount of people gets him/her. Or that's how it was back at my old school.

When we pull up to the school everyone turns to the loud sound of the bike. They watch as we pull into a parking spot. They continue to watch me as I take off my helmet and grab my backpack from the side baskets (they aren't actual baskets). When I look up and scan the crowd, only then do they look away. 

Quinn breathes the bike back to life and pulls out of the spot. I yell thank you and wave. He nods and doesn't look back. I turn back to the school and walk towards it.

It's dead silent. When I reach the sidewalk the crowd splits into two, clearing a path for me. I guess they don't usually have new students. I think in my head as I pass all of them.

I make my way inside. I stop in front of the doorway and look behind me. All the students still stare at me. What's their problem!? Don't they have lives to attend to? I shake my head and rub my temples.

I take a few cautious steps forward and look around to what might be the principles office. I don't see any signs. Then I spot a kid playing on his phone with his earbuds on. I walk over to him and wait till he dies in the game.

"Dammit," he mutters under his breath. He doesn't look up, he just starts another game.

"Um hi," I say. He looks up shocked and scared. Probably a freshman. I remember even I was like that. Scared and confused. Now I'm more confident in a shy way.

"Um..... Hi," he says with a stutter.

"Can you point me to the direction of the principles office?" He points a shaky finger to the golden yellow door that says principle in small letters. Even with my glasses it takes me a while to read it. "Thanks," I state. I look back towards the front door and all the kids are still standing there like idiots. I roll my eyes and make my way to the principles office.

As I enter all the noises in the office begin to die down till it's silent. I look around. Teachers and staff all look at me. Waiting for me to do something.

"I'm here to see Mr. Lockbody?" I say as a question rather than a statement. Finally one of the desk receptions snaps out of it.

"Right this way," she gets up from where she is sitting and leads me to the principles door. She is a bit on the heavy side but her eyes are stunning. They are a dark brown with gold specks in them. I'm sure any guy would be falling head over heals for her.   

As she turns to leave I call to her, "thank you." She looks a bit shocked that I said that but covers it up with a smile. I smile back and head inside the office.

The room is a four wall beige room. With dark brown furniture and a dark brown leather couch to complement it. There are book shelves filled with books and trophies. I walk around the room inspecting each photo that matches with the trophy. I forget why I came into this room. I am stunned by what I see. It's a bunch of trophies saying good try, better luck next time. But yet the days the photos were taken with the trophy they players all seem happy. I guess they aren't sore losers like at my old school, they were really competitive.

"Are you done yet?" A male voice asks. I snap my head in the direction I heard it from and see a young man sitting in the chair behind the desk. I walk up next to the visitor chairs and inspect him. Dark brown eyes that match his hair, about 6 feet, and he's dressed like a business man, minus the coat. 

He catches me inspecting him and gives me a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Aren't you a little young to be a principle?" I ask, trying not to show my annoyance.

"Maybe," he states. I give him a, are you serious look. He quickly changes his smirk to a serious face. Just as I was about to say something to him, the door opened.

"Michele? What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be in class?" The man who is talking is looking at whom I am guessing is Michele. They look almost exactly alike except the older man has grey streaks in his hair.

"I," the older man cuts him off. Only then does he notice me.

"Good heavens I didn't see you there dear. I'm principle Lockbody and I see you've already met my son Michele. A charmer isn't he?" He says that last comment with a laugh. I can't help but smile when Michele's face turns sour.

"I'm Kayla," I put my hand out to shake his. He looks at me hand then back at me. His face is also shocked just like the desk receptions. It's like these people don't know kids have manners. Oh no. These kids probably are all spoiled rotten and have major egos. I look at Michele from the corner of my eye and see an expensive watch. Yep, definitely spoiled.

Finally the principle shakes my hand and gestures to the seat in front of me. I take a seat, then Michele moves around the desk and sits in the other chair next to me.

I can feel Michele's eyes piercing through my head while I try to listen to the principle. I finally turn and face him when Lockbody looks on his desk for papers. He sets a glare on me and I can only guess that he has multiple thoughts running through his head. He probably has a death sentence for me already. But we just met, I complain in my head. 

"Michele will be showing you around," I hear Lockbody say. Michele's gave turns from a glare to a genuine smile. This boy is completely confusing. Then again I will never get boys in general.

*************************************
Another chapter done!!!!! So school is starting on Tuesday for me so I don't know if I will have time to write. I have been writing chapters ahead of time so I can post them when I'm busy I'll have something to post. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I already feel people are shipping Michele and Kayla. If any good ideas for ship names, comment!!! Comment, vote, share!!!
~Katie