Chapter 3

"You can take the bedroom," Nate tells me as he drops the air mattress on the floor in the living room. "I know girls have to have their privacy." He exaggerates the have.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I place my hand on my hip and give him a death glare.

"Well girls are afraid to show their stuff to the opposite sex." I pick up a pillow and fling it at Nate when he's not looking. "Hey!"

"Oh my God, we're siblings you idiot. If you think all girls are like that, you're wrong." I lift my shirt up and flash him.

"Ahh my virgin eyes," he covers his eyes and turns away.

"Like your a virgin," I roll my eyes. Nate turns to me and checks around the empty room.

"Who told you," he whispers.

"Nate your 25 I'm pretty sure you've had sex before...." I pause and take a deep breathe. "Before mom and dad you were always out at parties getting laid."

"You caught me," he puts his arms up to show he surrenders. "Whatever squirt, go to bed."

"As if," I mumble.

"What was that?" Nate drops the box he's going through and faces me.

"Nothing," I shout over my shoulder and enter my bedroom. 

I take a good look around, I have so many ideas for this room. There's a window seat with windows that are big and wide. I can go to the fabric shop and get cheap fabric to make curtains and a cushion for the seat. The white walls can be easily painted a bright color to brighten up the place. But all that can wait for now.

I set up my air mattress and put my sheets, blankets, and pillows. I take a quick shower and change into my pajamas. I plop onto my bed and get comfy under the covers.

"Good night squirt," Nate says to me from the doorway.

"Good night Nigel," I call back to him. Our nicknames are from Finding Nemo. Our favorite movie. He's the pelican and I'm the squid.

I see him climb into his bed and start to dose off. I wait to hear his snoring to go onto my DS. I start to play cooking mamma, before long it's 12am. When I'm about to go to bed two people stumble into our apartment, chocking each other with their tongues. Nate shoots up and scrambles out of his bed.

"Sorry this room is in use," Nate says. They don't pay attention. "LEAVE MY APARTMENT!!" Nate shouts. Finally the couple look up from kissing and inspect Nate. The girl blushes when he sees Nate in his underwear. "Oops," Nate quickly covers his prized possession.

I get up from my warm comfy bed, which took a lot of effort, and shoo the couple out of the apartment. I bolt the door shut and look at Nate.

"Are you kidding me? You had me leave my warm and comfy bed to kick out a couple shoving their tongues into each other's throats. Which, I might add, that you could have done easily if u locked the door in the first place!" Nate looks like a wounded puppy.

"But I did and that guy was too scary to shove out." He wines.

"You wimp," I throw my hands up in frustration and go back to my room. "Talk to me when you grow some balls," I shout to him.

I return to my bed, annoyed. I start to dose off when I hear shouting from underneath my window. Curse words were in every sentence and then there was death defying screams.

My eyes open wide and I scramble out of bed just like Nate did. I go to the door way.

"Psst, Nate," I whisper. He doesn't move. "Nate," I say a little louder while moving closer. He stirs a little but still sleeps. "Nate," I whisper yell.

"What, what, I'm up. Where's the fire?" He says sitting up to look at me.

"Something is happening under my window and I can't sleep." My hands are behind my back and I look shyly at the floor. He opens up his covers towards me, I put a smile on my face and snuggle into bed with him. Nate wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in closer. I sigh in comfort and finically drift off to sleep.

*************************************
Hey guys, another chapter done. Whoopie!! Great plans ahead. I hope you like it so far. Comment, vote, and share!
~Katie