Chapter 13: Pool time

Start from the beginning

My dad says, " I think she should put her feelings before her job. She can always get a new job but she probably will never find anyone who she has this much emotions for."

" Well apparently we will never see eye on eye about this. She could always wait until after Nicole gets out of school."

" You are right we will not see eye to eye on this but I do love you still."

" I love you too." We finish dinner and watch a movie as a family.

*****

On Friday night Nicole and I are hanging out at my place. We are sitting in my back yard. A little kitten runs up. It is orang, yellow, and has brown lines along his body. He comes up and starts loving on us. Nicole says, " I wonder who he belongs to."

I check him for any pruff that he has an owner. It doesn't look like he has one and he is really skinny. I say, " I don't think the little guy even has one."

" Omg can you keep him please please please?"

" I guess I could."

She picks up the kitty and loves on it. " You should name him rango."

" Why?"

" Because he looks like he wants to tango. However you should not name him tango because it is to common. Rango rhymes with tango so that should be his name." I laugh at that. She is so cute I swear. My heart fluters just being here with her. I say, " Rango it is. I already have stuff for him so I don't need to go to the store. However I would love to go play pool with you."

" Oh I would love that too." We put Rango inside and leave. We head to the poolhall. No one who is a student or classmate of hers will be there. Wjere we are going they aren't old enough and plus it's a gay bar. We walk in and everyone waives at me. I nod at them and walk up to the bar. The bartender turns to me and gets a smile on her face. She says, " Hey long time no see."

" Yeah whatever. I just saw you last weekend for the football game Jamie."

She rolls her eyes and say, " Yeah but it fells like it was forever ago. You know I miss seeing my bestfriend. Oh and hey Nicole." Jamie has been my bestfriend since I was in 5th grade. She is the first person that I came out to. She was already out and proud about being a lesbian. After I told her we would spend our weekends going out and looking at girls. Nicole says, " Hey Jamie." Then one of the people who I love the most come walking out of the office. James come over to us and looks at me. He says, " Oh Amber why do you insist on detracting my sister while she is on the job?" James is Jamie's very gay drag queen brother. I say, " I wasn't detracting her. I was just trying to get balls from her. He smiles and says, " Oh I thought you didn't like balls. Pluse if you are looking for balls then my sister doesn't have any and you are in the wrong place." He, Jamie, and Nicole laugh. I roll my eyes and say, " Well you know I wasn't talking about those kinds. I want to play some pool. He smiles and says, " I know but as you know I love to mess with you. Here are the balls they are on the house stay as long as you want. Any drinks and food you guys want are on the house also. Hey Nicole."

I say thanks and Nicole nods. Jamie and James have known Nicole almost as long as they have known me. They are kinda like her big sister and brother. They used to always ask me to bring Nicole along whenever we hung out. Jamie says, " What do you guys want to eat and drink?"

I say, " I want a mudslide and 16 bbq wings."

Nicole says, " I want a sprite." She knows better to ask for alchole since Jamie knows she is not old enough and would never serve her. Jamie says, " Amber you know the wings only come in 5, 10, and 15."

" Yeah but since there are two eating it gives us 8 a piece."

" Well since you have Nicole with you then I can bend the rules a little."

Nicole says, " I feel spacial." I role my eyes but want to laugh. It takes all I have not to laugh. Jamie says, " Oh you should feel special." We all laugh. We take the balls and go to a table. I set them up and I go first. I knock a solid in so that means I will be solids. I miss the next. Nicole goes next but acts like she doesn't know how to play. I get up behind her and put my arms around her. I help her make the shot. She makes three with my help but misses the fourth. I start making my shots and I make all but the 8 ball. She goes without my help and does the same. I shot in the 8 ball. When I did that are drinks and food come. We wit and eat. We finish our drinks and start to play again. She wins the next game. James comes out with more drinks for us. He says, " Can I play?"

I say, " The next game because we are tied and I have to beat her."

" Ok I understand." We play our next game and I win. We spend the rest of the night playing pool.