Parents

//Kians POV//

If you haven't noticed, I don't talk about my parents a lot. Well, that's because what is there to talk about. They're barely ever around and when they are they're arguing. I'm pretty sure they don't even know I exist. But on Friday nights when they're out and gone that's when I throw parties. Maybe me wanting to be cool and popular was just me wanting to be relevant, because I've never gotten attention back home...but who knows. My mom and dad are very religious though I'm sure they've read the commandments wrong because I don't remember the part that said "thou shalt rape and beat their spouse while getting drunk and forgetting you have kids". That, that's my dad. Quite the alcoholic, abusive to my mother who still seems to blow kisses at him, and he once called me Ralph...
But this is all depressing. Guess that's why I don't talk about them much, but moral of the story is, when I put on that tux and I saw Justin standing at the top of those stairs, it's like nothing ever mattered. I felt completed. I didn't need to be relevant I didn't need to be popular and noticed. The whole world froze and it was just me and him. And then we kissed and I've never felt so alive. It was so unreal...and I remember denying all my feelings, saying I was straight just like society was and I laugh. I laugh so hard because I realize that I'm in love...and pushing those feelings away was the dumbest thing i ever did. And strutting out of that closet was the best...