Soft sides and differences

//Jcs POV//

It's been days since that hang out and ever since me and Kian have been talking more and more. Some times we'd go to the park just by our school and cloud watch or do dumb skateboard tricks. I noticed a change in him. At first impression he seemed like a homophobic d bag but as I've gotten to know him this year I'm noticing his soft side. He's sweet, kind, sometimes says some really smart things, and he's obsessed with puppies which I find kinda cute. But he's still straight. And it's killing me. Me and Kian went to the park again today as we did almost every Wednesday and Friday. We sat down on one of the benches and talked for a while. Kian seemed nervous all the sudden...

//Kians POV//
As me and Jc have hung out more I think I trust him a lot...I'm telling him my secret. I can't hide it anymore. "Jc can I tell you something?" He nods and smiles softly "of course!" I look down. Afraid to see his reaction. I know he's gay but what will he think of me what if he laughs! I sigh shakily "just don't tell anyone..." Jc giggles "ok ok just tell me! I won't tell a soul I promise,"
I smile a little and say slowly "I-I'm...g...glad were friends" FUCK NO NO NO NO NO NO YOU IDIOT.
Jc frowned and lightly put a hand under my chin lifting my head and giggling "Kian I'm glad were friends too but I know that's not what you were really gonna say. You can trust me Kian I promise."
I nodded and took a deep breath then said softly "I'm...ga-"
Suddenly I was interrupted by a gruff voice yelling "AYE NERD BOY" and I saw Jcs face go pale. I stood up and braced myself to protect him. Some kid I've seen around once or twice named Cam (not Cameron Dallas 😂 just picking a random name) came behind jc. He literally picked him up by the back of his shirt and I mindlessly stood frozen in a bit of fear as Jc squirmed around. Cam whispered something to him. I'm not sure what he said but it definitely scared the shit out of jc cause he was squirming a lot more and screaming. I finally pushed myself to do something. "LEAVE HIM ALONE" I yelled taking jc from the guys grip and holding him close to me. Suddenly a wolf like pack of football jocks came from out of nowhere taking seemingly practiced formations trying to surround us. I know what you're thinking. Kian aren't you one of the "cool guys" like them? Not exactly. I'm sort of in the middle. The rebellious lone rider, and not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm quite the heart throb with the ladies. Anyways, back to the situation. The tall muscular boys crowded around us viciously and were calling us faggots and smirking and cracking there knuckles and I squeezed onto jc tighter as I began to run. I shoved right through them and ran as fast as I could tripping a bit here and there over my own lanky legs and slightly oversized converse. They chased us for a while but even after I couldn't hear them anymore I kept running and skidded to a stop at my house panting. I put jc down and saw there were tears in his eyes. "It's ok were safe..." I said tiredly. Jc just hugged me for a while and I hugged back. It felt good and I smiled. "Now maybe I can tell you that news in my house?" I suggested. Jc nodded and we walked into my house but I quickly stopped him when I heard my parent fighting in the kitchen. They did that a lot...I sighed and whispered to jc "maybe we should just go to your house," and jc nodded with agreement. It was like nowhere was safe for me to come out...but I hoped his house would be different.