Chapter 29: Running Away From Everything

Start from the beginning

"Tomoe, I do like you, hell when you flirt with me do you understand how flipping crazy I get?" She chuckled and started stroking my cheek now.

"But that doesn't mean I can be with you. I promised when I met Mikage that I would keep his promises, and so far I've broken two of them. I can't break three, now." Was she sniffling? Wait...how did Mikage come between me and Brooke?

"I'm allowing you to touch me again, but don't make me regret it, okay?" I could feel a smile creep on my face, but quickly had to return to my neutral face. She thinks I'm asleep, and I'm not just going to wake up and tell her everything, especially at this moment. I'd look weak. When she leaves this room I'll get up and grab her.

"When you wake up you're gonna see a different Brooklyn Johnson, get better idiot. I need you."

I need you. Those words are literally all I've wanted to hear.

She let go of me and I could hear her footsteps getting quieter and quieter then a slam of the shutter.

She's going out all there by herself. She's got no one to protect her. I can't let her-...

I could feel a sharp pinch on the tip of my ear.

"OWWW!" I shrieked loudly, sitting up quickly. Two big, brown eyes were looking into mine now. "Gah!" Jumping back, I hit my back on the wall. Are you kidding me? All day I've been getting hurt. I'm sure as hell happy Brooke's getting painkillers, but she better come back soon.

"S-Sorry, Tomoe!" Stuttered Nanami with pure fear in her voice. So I creep the girl out, huh? A smirk rested on my face.

"B-Brooklyn went to the shop t-to get you p-painkillers!" Exclaimed the girl as she sat back in her original place on the floor.

"I know," I stated calmly. I looked at the girl and saw she was quivering. Rolling my eyes, I stood up and offered Nanami my hand. This doesn't make me nice.

She gulped and took my hand. "So why were you pinching my ear, anyway?" I asked as I pulled her up towards me and she stood up normally. By normally I don't mean her falling in to my arms or chest. Brooke wasn't normal.

"Thanks, Tomoe," she chirped, pushing back hair. I could tell the girl was blushing which made me give out a little laugh.

This was the first time we actually had a conversation. Without Brooke, of course.

"So...Nanami, do you know how I could get to Brooklyn?" She folded her arms and started dragging me back to my bed.

"What are you doing?" I snapped, pushing the girl off me. This is no time for me to go back to sleep! Brooklyn could be in trouble, and if she is then I've got to go a save her!

I started walking towards the door when Nanami pulled me back, but I kept resisting and tried to get to the door.

"I promised Brooke I'd keep an eye on you!" Groaned Nanami quickly, digging her nails into my arm. This girl's nails are like mini daggers.

"And I'd promised Brooke I would protect her!" I countered. Nanami's facial expressions softened, but her nails in my skin didn't. I was right next to the door, I'm almost there.

But it was too good to be true.

My foot slipped on something, causing me to slip back and hit my head on the ground. I placed my fingers on my temples and started groaning all the swear words known to man.

"Jeez, do you use that mouth to speak to your mother with?" Scowled Nanami as she stood over me with her arms folded. I laughed quietly and sat up. My mother means nothing to me. She can rot in hell for all I care.