Chapter Four: Katherine

Katherine woke up and felt pain in her abdomen. She looked down and saw the leg to her nightstand protruding from her stomach. Pulling it out, she stifled a cry of pain. "Great, my shirts ruined and I'll be charged for that," she muttered slamming the improvised stake on the ground and sitting up. Katherine looked around before rising off the ground. She had to admit, Lillian was smart. Katherine would be proud if they weren't against each other at the moment. That will all be over soon, Katherine thought.

*****

"So things went well at Katherine's last night? You're still in one piece and I don't see the bitch version of you anywhere, that must be a good sign," Stefan stated with a small chuckle. "Yeah things went well," Stefan smiled. "I snapped her neck and then shoved a nightstand leg through her stomach," Lillian finished and Stefan's face dropped to an expression that clearly said Oh crap. "What's wrong Stefan?" Lillian asked.

Suddenly, Katherine barged through the door, looking quite effete and bloody. "That," Stefan muttered his reply to Lillian. "Hi Kitty Kat! Awe did someone wake up on the wrong side of the floor this morning?" Lillian teased. "You're such a bitch," Katherine replied and then sauntered over to the liquor table. Damon emerged from the stairs at that time and snatched the glass from Katherine's hand, "How many times do I have to tell you? Selfish whores don't get to drink my liquor." Katherine did a small pout to which Damon replied with a disgusted face.

"Oh don't pout. It's not cute on a woman your age."

"Your words hurt Damon."

"Don't care. What are you doing here anyways?" He looked her up and down and noticed the huge dried blood spot on her shirt, "Ooh, I see. Did you and Lillian have a little sibling's quarrel?"

Katherine ignored his comment and turned to Lillian. She didn't have to look at her to know that she had a smug, amused look on her face, "Please, dear sister, share with us what is so amusing."  Lillian glanced up at Damon and said, "I have to give you credit Damon, you finally started treating her like the trash she is." A cocky smirk spread across her face as she looked back at Katherine.

"Your words hurt even more little sis, but enough playing around. You and I need to talk," Katherine paused and gave the Stefan and Damon and glare, "Without the Salvatore body guards." Lillian rolled her eyes but rose from the couch and held out her arm, "Sure, let's have some sisterly girl talk," Lillian said sarcastically. Katherine linked her arm through Lillian's and glanced at both Salvatores as they passed, "We'll be out in the garden."

"Should we be worried?" Damon asked as he walked to the door, looking at the two girls stroll through their huge garden. "Not worried, yet, but at least alert," Stefan said, joining him at the door. "Always brother, always," Damon replied.

Once Katherine decided they were out of earshot of the suspicious Salvatores, she removed her arm from Lillian's and then blocked her path. She wasted no time when she said, "Klaus is looking for us."

"How do you know?" Lillian asked skeptically.

"I ran into him in Atlanta and he kept me prisoner for a few days, bled me dry to get all vervain out of my system and then compelled me to tell him where you are."

"Why does he want me?" Lillian asked as she started to feel worried. Klaus was dangerous and if he was looking for her –she's basically a dead woman walking.

"Let me start from the beginning," Katherine suggested. "So awhile ago Klaus was trying to break some curse and he thought he needed to kill the doppelganger, Elena, and he did but she came back to life and then got turned into a vampire by Klaus's crazy sister Rebekkah and then Klaus came after me and kept me hostage a few times-,"