Chapter Twenty-Five

Maddison's POV

I wake up laying down on a couch. I shoot up, and instantly remember why I fainted. Foot steps get louder toward me.

"Maddie?" He asks again.

I stay quite. Not a peep came out.

"I'm Gabby." I finally speak up.

Josh stares me into my eyes. I pull away, and stare at the ceiling.

"Really?" He questions.

I snap my head toward him.

"I'm positive. But do you know who you are?" I hiss.

"Mm attitude same as Maddie's." He says puzzled.

"I'm Gabby." I questioned myself.

"They why did you faint?" He says crossing his arms.

"Dehydrated I guess." I lied.

He stops the questions, and walks away. Why was he here? What was the reason? God I need to go home.

"Gabby." I hear voice say behind me, as I head toward the door.

I shiver as I feel him touch my shoulder.

"Gabby don't leave." Cameron says.

"I really should be get going." I whimpered.

"No. You always leave, I want some answers. Now." He demands. I flinched at his tone of voice. There was silence for five minutes a

"Well...." He says.

"Gabby isn't my name." I start. He stares at me puzzled.

"It's Gabriella?" He asks. I shook my head.

"I'm not who you think I am. I know you will be pissed at me. But I love you. You may not understand, but just listen." I pause.

"I'm Maddison Lexiontion." I huff.

"What." He stares into my soul. I nod.

"Okay then 'Maddie' why where you mad at me about a year ago?" He asks.

"For you going in Magcon and you not telling me." I say with no hesitation.

"Really, you where faking this Gabby shit?" He asks.

"Karma sucks doesn't it!" I yell.

"What?" He says walking towards me. I stumble back.

"The way you feel right now, is how I felt for months. You would never understand the pain I went through. I least I didn't cheat, or bring a slut to the house." I vent.

"Fuck you Maddison." He says as if he hated me, and I was a nothing.

"Leave!" He screams yelling and pointing to the door. I jump in the raising of his voice.

I scatter out the door, and the door slammed behind me.

When the door closed, it was as if everything that happened on the other side of it. Was done, and I was gone. I would never see him again. Nor speak to him. I didn't cry, or even think to. Honestly, it felt good. He got over it in a week and find someone new. I never moved on, I kept waiting for his call. But the only person that can change your future, is you. I realized that the hard way.

I walk to my car, and drive home.
//

When I get home, no expression, or emotion crossed my face or mind. I didn't speak, or stop to get something to eat. I kept walking down the street. I walked and walked. I didn't walk because I needed to think, I walked because I found myself doing so.

I stopped, then realized where I was. I look around. I slowly close my eyes. Within the blink it started to rain. I sit down on the carb. The memories of Cameron and I jumping and playing in the rain crossed my mind. A tear slips down my face, and I shook it off.

I was angry at myself for being mad. I was angry that I gave in. I was angry that he was gone. I was over all angry at myself for everything. I just wanted to be happy. I need to prove to myself that I can do well without him. Maybe it isn't him it's me. I fuck up. It's all my fault. I hated myself. Everyone was gone, and Josh was here. Why tho? I hate this, him, me, life.

I cupped my face and cried hard into my hands. Why did I have to be such a fuck up.

The rain gently hits the top of my head. I look up, and lucky the rain hid my sadness. There was a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and by his face expression, I could tell I looked like a hot mess. I was surprised on who it is, but I just threw myself into his arms and cried.

"It's okay." He whispers.