Secret Hobbies

A/N: .......you guys are seriously going to give me a heart attack. 800+ VIEWS AND 80 VOTES?!?! W-WHA....WHHHHAAAATTT?!?! I cannot thank you guys enough I had no idea this story would get that many views or votes. It honestly makes me so happy to see that people enjoy what I write so thank you very VERY much! 

It was the day after I first saw Alfred and I was working hard around the house. Since he was coming over tonight to visit I wanted to make sure the house was spotless. I dusted the furniture in the living room trying to make sure not a spot of dust remained. I chuckled at myself, "I think this is the hardest I've ever worked." I picked up one of the lamps in the room so I could dust the table it was on. I was working with such concentration I didn't notice the little Italian man sneaking up behind me.

"Boo!" I screamed almost dropping the lamp. "Feli! Why would you do that?!" Feliciano just giggled, "Sorry (Y/N) but I'm a-bored." I sighed putting the lamp back on the table, "Why don't you see what Kiku is up to?" "He's watching anime in his room and won't a-say anything." "Well what about Ludwig?" "He's baking." Baking? Ludwig? Feliciano has to be joking. "Right. Well I could have you run some errands for me."

Feliciano groaned and fell down onto the couch. "Errands? But thats so boringggg." I tapped my foot impatiently, Feliciano is my friend but sometimes I just want to strangle him. "Feli, I'm busy and I don't have time to play so if you don't want to run some errands then I guess you will be bored for the rest of the day." 

"What do I a-have to do," he sighed sadly. "I pulled out a list from my apron pocket and handed it to him. I just need you to go to the store and buy the items on the list. Feliciano read the list but looked confused. "Hamburger meat....ketchup? What are you a-making (Y/N)?" "A good friend of mine is here from America to help me move into my new house. He's coming here tonight to visit with all of us so I thought I would make his favorite meal, hamburgers." 

The italian man just looked even more confused. "Why don't you just make pasta? Everyone loves pasta!" I laughed a little, "We always have pasta Feli. In fact we just had it last night, we should probably change it up a little." I looked at my watch and sighed, "I need to get back to it but if you could get those ingredients that would be such a big help." "Yes ma'am!" Feliciano tried to salute me but did it with the wrong hand. He soon walked out the door to head to the store. I just giggled at Feli and then continued to work. 

I soon finished all the work that had to be done and I went to the kitchen to see if Feliciano had brought back the ingredients for the meal tonight. I didn't see anything but I saw something else that caught my eye. In the kitchen was Ludwig in a frilly apron seeming to be baking. "Huh, I guess Feliciano wasn't joking." Ludwig turned around in shock when he heard me. "(Y-Y/N) what are you doing here?" "I came to start dinner but I guess Feli isn't back with what I need to make it. What are you doing?" 

"Oh, you know...nothing." "Ludwig the one thing I know about you after living in this house for a few months is that you never do nothing." I smirked at his attempt to hide what he was doing. He sighed, "Fine I'm baking." I walked over to where he was in the kitchen and smiled. "I didn't know you liked or even knew how to bake." "It's a hobby of mine but I don't tell people I do it." I could understand that, Ludwig likes to keep a tough reputation. 

"So what are you baking?" "I'm trying to make a strawberry cake." My mouth started to water, "That sounds great! Do you want any help?" "Sure, why not." I walked over to the sink to wash my hands and then went back over to Ludwig. "Okay so where should I start?" "You can start by mixing this," Ludwig said handing me a bowl and spoon. "I'm going to heat the oven." I began to mix the ingredients that were in the bowl together. 

Ludwig came back with a cake pan and set it on the table. "Alright now we just have to put it in the pan." I poured the contents into the pan and Ludwig put it into the oven. "I guess we just have to wait now." I sat up on the counter and looked at the time. "Alfred should be here in a couple hours. Geez where is Feliciano I really need to get dinner started." It didn't seem like a second after I said that when Feli ran into the kitchen with a bag in his hand.

"Sorry it a-took so long (Y/N)! I got lost...." "The grocery store is just around the corner. You know what nevermind at least your back now. Thank you for getting the ingredients for me." I got off the counter and took the bag from him and began to take the items out. "What are you making," Ludwig asked. I smiled at him, "Hamburgers." He just scoffed, "Figures. It's the only thing Alfred eats." I was prepping the ingredients when Ludwig came over and started to help. 

"Oh, you don't have to! I'm sure you have work you need to finish." "It can wait," he replied plainly. I don't know why but that made my stomach flutter. The fact that he was taking time out of his busy schedule to help me meant a lot. "Thank you."

Soon we had finished preparing it and I walked outside to grill the meat. When I came back I heard the oven beep and Ludwig took the cake out of the oven. I could smell the strawberries that were inside the cake. "Mmm, smells good." Ludwig nodded in agreement, "Now we have to put the icing on it." 

I grabbed a pastry bag and filled it with icing. I walked over to the cake and began to ice it. "No, no (Y/N). Try it like this." Ludwig grabbed my hands and with slow movements guided the pastry bag in my hands along the cake. I could feel my face heat up. He could have just told me what to do! "Do it like that okay?" I simply nodded as he let go of my hands and walked towards the refrigerator. 

He came back with a box of ripe strawberries in hand. I finished icing the cake and Ludwig started putting some strawberries on top. I was still embarrassed from what happened, I have to get him back for that! I took the pastry bag and used it to put icing on Ludwig's face. The German stopped what he was doing and looked at me annoyed. "Why did you do that?!" I laughed, "because I felt like it." "Geez you are such a child." He grabbed the pastry bag from me and put icing on my face as well.

"You did it too!" "Yeah but I'm not childish like you," he smirked. I was about to put more icing on his face when I heard a knock on the door. "Oh crap." That must be Alfred. I can't go to the door looking like this! Ludwig must have thought the same thing because he suddenly had a paper towel in his hand and was wiping my face. "Ludwig! I can do it myself!" I took the paper towel from him, my face beat red. 

I tried to clean my face off the best I could while walking to the door. When I opened it I proved my assumption true. Standing at the door was Alfred grinning ear to ear. "Hey (Y/N)!" The grin from his face fell and he looked at me curiously. "What's on your face?" Eh! I didn't get all the icing off! "Oh um nothing. Come on in." I rubbed my face with the paper towel again hoping that this time I got all of the icing off. 

I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed the cake, bringing it to the dining room. I then went outside and got the hamburgers from the grill. I placed them on some buns and brought them to the dinning room as well. "Alright everyone! Time to eat," I called out. Eventually everyone made it to the table and sat down. "This meal looks so awesome (Y/N)," Gilbert said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "I'm glad! Let's eat!"

Soon everyone had finished their meal and I began to cut the cake Ludwig and I made. Once everyone had their slice they all began to eat. "(Y/N) this tastes great! I didn't know you were such a good baker," Alfred exclaimed. "Well actually-" I looked over at Ludwig but I saw that he was looking at me as if he was begging me not to tell. "...Well...actually....I never used to be but I've been practicing lately." "Well it's amazing!" I looked back at Ludwig who seemed to have a small grin. I guess I'll keep his little secret....for now.

A/N: This is longer then I usually make the chapters but I couldn't stop writing. All this writing about food has made me hungry though. Strawberry cake sounds good at the moment.....