Part 24

A/N: Thank you for all you support on my story so far. We are nearing the end of Piper and Scott's journey. To all my Scipers out there, thank you so much for all the love you've shared with me on my story. I hope I continue to make you smile right till the very last chapter.

***

Chapter 23

"I don't know about this Scott," I said while I rubbed my sweaty hands dry on my skirt.

He reached across the console of his car and wrapped my wobbly hands in his. "Don't panic my love. Everything will be fine, you'll see."

I glared at him, "Don't say that. They could hate me Scott."

He laughed, "Not possible my love."

"How can you be so sure?"

He grinned and quickly leaned over to kiss my cheek, "Because I love you and that's all that matters to me."

"They're your family Scott, I need them to like me."

"Trust me, they will. They're so happy I found someone, I don't think they could hate you."

He seemed so sure about the visit but I wasn't. I was freaking out. I've never done the whole meet the parent's thing. Scott and I had only been together for a month and now I was meeting his family. I fiddled with the ribbon on the gift I held.

"Will she like it?" I asked, motioning towards the gift I had bought for his mothers' birthday.

"She'll love it."

Since the night at the cabin, Scott and I had been inseparable. He had told me about his rocky relationship with his family and about how after his accident, they had got closer than ever. He told me that the army had made him finally grow up and think about his future which was how he landed up working for his father and eventually owning Main Street. I told him about my father and the one time when I was eighteen where I had travelled to Germany to meet him. He held me as I cried into his arms as I told him how my father had declared that he wanted nothing to do with me. I told him how my Nana had died three months before we met and that my store had suffered because I had to help my mother pay off my Nana's debts. He praised me for being strong and for never giving up on my dreams.

We continued to go on dates and Scott continued to shower me with all his love and care. I had never felt as treasured as I did when Scott was near me. He reminded me every day that I was special to him and that he loved me and wanted to be with me for the rest of his life. I still didn't believe that we would last forever but I wasn't ready to give him up just yet. I was just spending my time grabbing at his love until he ran out of it.

I continued to speak to Phillip every week and I continued to keep it from Scott. I wasn't ready to tell him about Phillip. I knew we had promised to have no secrets in our relationship but I was afraid that he would leave me. I wanted him for longer and that meant that Phillip would have to continue to be an unknown to Scott.

We quickly reached a large double story building where a short plump woman waved to us from outside. I knew she had to be Scott's mother; she had his eyes. Scott pulled the car to a stop and quickly gave me a hard kiss. "Are you ready for this?"

I nodded.

He laughed, "I love you." I smiled at him and I noticed his grin falter before he left the car. I frowned. I still hadn't told him I loved him and I know it hurt him. I wanted to say it to him just so that he would stop hurting but I couldn't, not unless I suddenly believed in the forever of love.

I left the car and quickly joined Scott and his mother; who had their arms tight around each other. "I missed you mom," Scott said and kissed his mothers' cheek.