Part 3

Chapter 2

My store; which would be called Heavenly Treats, was set to be directly in the middle of town on Main Street. I had chosen the location simply because it had the most traffic surrounding it. The cost of having the prime location however, meant waiting three years for the Laundromat to close down for me to have the space. The time actually proved helpful to me as it gave me a chance to gather the money I needed.

Standing before the bare store gave me a great sense of pride as well as unease. I knew I deserved for the store to be a success; I did work over ten years in the local diner gruelling over dirty tables and smiling at ungrateful customers just for a measly tip to add to my savings, I just couldn't ignore the truth that if I failed then I would lose everything I worked for.

I unlocked the door and entered the dusty building. The room was empty with it being a Sunday and the workers off duty. The walls were bare except for a coat of primer applied. The store was actually split into two halves, the front acting as the store section and the second; much larger section would be the kitchen.

Though the store had little done to it, I was proud of its progress thus far. It no longer looked like a Laundromat but it wasn't a bake store either. I ran my hand along the smooth wall as I trod along the tiled floor. A knock suddenly resounded from behind me and I turned to see a hand on the front door.

I went to open the door for the man I guessed was Mr Daniels. To my surprise, a young man who looked to be a few years older than me stood outside the store. Mr Daniels was supposed to be old, or so I had thought.

"Can I help you?" I asked softly. I made sure to keep the door only slightly open; I was alone after all. I was weary of the man who stood covered by the shadows of the afternoon sun since he didn't seem like a man who would own half of Calistoga.

"Piper Baker?" The man asked. Though his voice was deep and filled with surprise, it did have a sense of familiarity to it.

I gasped, "Are you Scott?"

A throaty chuckle escaped the man and I knew my assessment was true. I could feel the humiliation heat my cheeks. "I am. I take it you're Piper?" I nodded and pulled the door open further for him to enter. I stepped back and watched as his tall frame squeezed through the doorway.

Out on the pavement his features were hidden by the shadows but; once he was in the store with only the low yellow glow of the one light I had shining around us, his features were on full display.

He wore dark thinned shades over his eyes that he quickly removed revealing a set of clear and sparkling green eyes. The colour itself was such a rich green that it made me feel as though I were surrounded by the Amazon. He had sandy brown hair that hung at an angle across his forehead giving him an air of mystery. He had a sharp nose and even sharper jaw line that was covered with a little prickly beard.

His body was the real kicker though. He wore a simple pair of dark jeans and a black cotton shirt that did wonders for highlighting every crook and curve of his body. The shirt was tight around the arms and chest putting his thick rounded muscles on display. Simply put, the man was gorgeous.

He was the epitome of rugged with his casual and relaxed posture topped with his handyman looks. My mouth instantly dried as I realised just how attractive the man truly was.

I must have been staring at him; if his smirk was anything to go by. "Am I too much of a distraction Miss Baker or are you capable of getting down to business."

Oops, wrong thing to say. I dropped my head as a blush painted my cheeks and neck. My mind was filling with some very naughty images. I heard a snort from Scott and then the familiar rumble of his voice. "You can get your mind out of the gutter now." To my amazement, he didn't sound angry. He actually sounded amused by me.