"Yeah," I grinned eagerly. "What did you have in mind?"

Matt tilted his head to the side while he pondered.

"I was thinking...invisibility?"

I nodded enthusiastically, I had been waiting for this. To be able to turn invisible would be so epic. I could have those cookies Aunt Lisa had made me limit myself on. I know, so unfair, how could anybody take cookies away from me?

"Right, a good thing about this is that if you go invisible, you can still unlock your mind and communicate, if you choose," Matt proceeded, completely oblivious to my secret plan, oh how I loved how he couldn't hear my thoughts... "but a bad thing, depending on how you look at it, is that even if you are invisible, magical beings will still be able to feel the presence of magic, they will still be drawn to you, so you won't be completely untraceable and magicians will be able to have a sense of where you are standing. However it's still good to know. So the spell i'm going to teach you is called "liquendy" Observe. Liquendy." 

I watched in amazement as Matt's form disappeared, literally vanished, I would have thought he teleported, but I could still feel him next to me. His whole body had just...gone, even though I knew he was there, I still looked around the space, expecting him to pop out behind a tree or something. Not that Matt's into hiding behind tree's...
I jumped as I felt something brush against my cheek.

"Relax Layla," said Matt's voice in front of me.

I smiled as I looked straight ahead, not really sure if I was looking at his face or not, it was really quite disorientating. I heard laughter as Matt reappeared, with his hand resting on my face. It was so weird, one second I was on my own, then he is right in front of me. Of course he never left, but still...

"See? It's fairly easy. You have to imagine that nobody can see you, picture in your mind yourself disappearing. Feel your body turn to...water. It helps if you think as yourself as a liquid."

I nodded, which I noticed I was doing a lot lately, and closed my eyes, like I always did when learning a new spell. 
I pictured looking at myself in a mirror. I could see my whole body. And then I imagined seeing my reflection vanishing. I imagined I was a body of water, whole at the moment but with a slight touch could collapse into a puddle.

"Liquendy," I whispered

I felt an odd sensation come over me. It was like I really was made of water. I felt so light and even my small movements seemed like I was rippling. Small pinpricks started in my palms.
I opened my eyes and looked down at myself, hoping I would be seeing the tree I sat on and nothing more.
Though something wasn't right. I could still see my hands, yet I could still see through my hand. My entire body had taken a pearly edge to it. You could still see me, but only slightly, if you wanted to, you could see the tree's behind me by looking through my head. I felt like a ghost. Not that I've met one, just how I would imagine a ghost would look. I glanced at Matt for guidance.

He smiled "That's actually very good for a first try, I expected you to maybe loose a little colour, but then again you always surprise me. Try it again, but this time-"

Matt stopped abruptly and looked around. His eyes were wide and alert. His head whipped from side to side quickly and I saw his jaw clench.
Getting down from the tree gracefully, he pulled me with him and stood slightly in front of me, stock still, listening to the wind. I had my back pressed against the tree and my body was partially shielded by Matt's.
I reappeared fully and stood solid next to him. Gripping his arm, I whispered quietly in his ear.

"Matt, whats wro-"

"Shh," he whispered.

I straightened my back and looked around also, trying to see what had caught his attention.
But saw nothing.
However, a second later I didn't see what he had seen, rather felt it. I had only felt it once before in my life, the first time I had met Matt. My body trying to tell me he possessed magic. 
This must only mean one thing. 
We wern't alone.