Email left unsent

To: yourname@gmail.com
Subject: the reason why I left
_______
I know you hate me Y/N.
Don't worry, I hate me too. I never meant to break your heart. I never meant for her to come into the picture. I never meant to lead you on for so long. In fact, I feel so sorry for all of this that I can't even face you, let alone hit send on this email. You were the love of my life. I know now after its too late. And even though I don't deserve you, there's a small part of me praying that you'll somehow forgive me one day and we can start our life together all over.

I saw you with him yesterday. You looked happy though. I can tell he makes you smile all the time. Something I used to be able to do. You seem to make him smile too. And even if I hate to admit it, you two do make a cute couple.

I didn't doubt your status until your eyes locked with mine and you quickly removed his hand from yours. He didn't understand, but I did. You didn't know if we could be in the same room again without you breaking down. I felt like I wanted to cry but I knew that wasn't a wise choice to do. It would only mess you up more.

For now I leave you with this.

You are a boomerang. If for some reason after I threw you, you don't come back, I'll know that there was a guy standing in the direction you flew and he caught you in a secure landing that I know my shaky hands could never do.

Until we meet again my love, Austin

-// K.L.