|| Prologue ||

|| Prologue ||

*****

"Please don't kill us and dump our bodies into the ocean !" I said the moment they put us down on the grass.

Skyler, next to me, shakes her head vigorously, supporting my plea. I'm pretty sure she won't be able to talk correctly, so I'll be doing to talk for both of us.

"Have mercy! I'm...we're sorry for dumping into you last week, but it was an accident, we didn't mean it. It just happened neither of us planned, I swear. So please don't kill us, and if you still want to then please make it quick, we don't want to feel the pain. It's painful. I don't want that, so does she, and while you're at it, don't make us see the torturous weapons, and devices we wouldn't handle it well and you would have to clean a bunch of pukes...-" my blabbing was cut short by a giant hand firmly pressed on my mouth.

"Continue talking and the idea of killing and dumping you into the ocean would be very tempting," said Xavier in a dangerously low voice.

Gulping, I nodded frightened, my wild eyes never left his deadly green ones.

"What he meant was, we need your help," uttered Ethan from behind Xavier.

"Huh?!"

*****

What would happen if we mixed a bad boy with a good girl ? A complete disaster. And what would we get if we mixed a bad boy, a good girl and a mystery ? An ultimate chaos.

Good girl : Charlotte James, a 17 year old senior. On the social scale she's, what we called, a nerd. She's shy, sarcastic, funny and obviously a clumsy girl. Adventures, mysteries, cases... you name it, all those things are Charlotte's hobbies. Her clumsiness did not only put her in an awkward situation but got her, as well, solving the case of her life.

Bad boy : Xavier Parker, 18 year old troublemaker, ruler of the high school, provoking him would mean two things ; a) it means that you're a complete idiot, b) that you have a death wish. Breaking the rules and having fun are his favorite activities but that only place him in a dangerous situation that can be solved with the help of a nerd.

Mystery : you will found out soon...

With help of their friends, those two will be working together to resolve a case, and clear the troublemakers names.
Would they succeed in solving that dilemma before it's too late ?

Follow their adventure full of laughter, tears, problems, friendships, betrays and probably... love ? In The Bad Boy, the Mystery and Me.

*****

A/N : Some chapters will be longer, some shorter.