13 - Viridian

Michael's POV
_________
_____
_
(November 20th, 2015)
"It's your 20th birthday today and you're telling me you have nothing to do or are planning to do anything tonight?" Vivienne scoffed at me over the phone once she finished singing happy birthday to me.

"Yes, Vivienne, that's what I'm saying." I chuckled on the inside, finding it amusing that she's so repulsed by the idea of me not going out on my birthday. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Why yes, I do Michael!" She screeched, I couldn't see her right now but I could practically tell that she was thrashing around in her bedroom because of how her voice kept coming in and out.

"What's so wrong with me staying home on my birthday? I don't understand." I fell backward onto my mattress as I let out a groan mixed in with a loud sigh.

"You have to go out tonight because..." She tried coming up with a reason to get me to go somewhere with her but she couldn't find a valid point to prove. "Because you have to."

"But I don't want to Vivienne! I just want to lay around the house and play video games all day." I mumbled, thinking of what my original plans were and slowly starting to change my mind and giving in to Vivienne's wants.

"You do that every night Michael!" She whined I could hear the obvious pout she formed on her lips unknowingly. "Can you please go out to this party with me!? Please!?" Her voice level kept increasing, getting so loud by the ending, 'please', that I had to hold my phone away from my face a bit.

"Fine. I'll go!" I grumbled out, rolling my eyes at her once her cheering rang through the speakers I had pressed against my ear. "Just promise me one thing."

Her cheers came to a stop when she heard my question. She paused for a second, leaving the line at a complete silence before answering with; "And what would that be?"

"That you don't leave me to run off with some strange guy you won't remember in the morning," I told her, speaking out my fears. There were two reasons as to why I wanted her to keep this promise. One is 'cause I'm very protective of her and I don't want anything bad to happen to her. And two is 'cause I don't think I'll be able to watch another guy throw himself at the girl I'm in love with.

I patiently waited for her response - which felt like was taking forever but in reality, she was barely taking a few seconds to think everything out. "I promise. It's your birthday anyway, so why would I even try to leave my... best friend alone on his special day?" She agreed, confusing me when she hesitated to say 'best friend'.

"Good. Now, what time are you wanting to leave?" I questioned once I tried racking my brain for clues or answers about her slight hesitation.

"In about twenty or thirty minutes. I still have to do my hair." Once she told me what I needed to know, I hung up the phone and went to search for something to wear to this party I'm being forced to attend.

Let's just hope Vivienne doesn't break my promise tonight or I don't know what I'll do.

__________

"Michael! Dude! You're twenty today!" Luke shouted out drunkenly once Vivienne and I entered Ashton's friends - the one who's hosting this party - house. "How do you feel about that?"