10 - Ultramarine

Vivienne's POV
_________
_____
_
(August 21st, 2015)

"Vivienne!" My mother shouted from outside of my bathroom door, interrupting my encore performance of almost every song off of Adele's new album. "Vivienne!?"

"What!?" I groaned inwardly, pausing my music after I grabbed a towel from my cabinets, not seeing the point in staying in the shower since I've already been rudely interrupted - plus my skin was more wrinkly than my great grandmothers.

"When you're done in there can you please take out the trash and check the mail for me?" She lowers her voice back to its normal level once she heard me turn off the water. "I have to go into work a little earlier than usual."

"Sure," I grumbled and rolled my eyes. Throwing on the outfit I had carried into the bathroom with me on before walking back out into my room - I've never understood why people don't bring clothes with them into the bathroom, isn't it weird walking around your room or house butt naked?

"Thank you so much, Honey." She kissed my forehead then turned on her heel and started to make her way to the front door, walking out into the fresh morning air without even saying goodbye to me. Oh well.

Once I was sure she had left the house, I plugged my phone into the speakers we kept in the living room and pressed shuffle, the sweat sound of Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade filling my ears immediately after.

As that song bomb around the house, I decided I'd go ahead and do what my mom had asked so I can continue on with what I was doing in the shower. Throwing the two bags full of trash at the end of our driveway for the dump trucks to get, I grabbed the 3 envelopes out of the mailbox.

Bills. Bills. Letter... Addressed to me?

Once I entered the house I threw the unwanted mail onto the coffee table and read over the outside of the letter that was for me.

"To: Vivienne Shepherd," I mumbled aloud. "From: University of-" I started to read off the person or place where it was from but stopped myself mid-sentence when I realized it was my acceptance or rejection letter from the university I had applied to a couple of weeks ago.

Running my fingers over the seal of the envelope, my hands started to shake and my heart rate went up through the roof. My nerves were getting the best of me, making me not want to open it but my curiosity was killing me on the inside.

Letting my curiosity take over, I quickly ripped open the seal and pulled out the piece of paper that held the information that controlled my future. The crisp paper that felt so light also felt so heavy at the same time.

Taking a deep breath. I unfolded the little white letter and read over the first sentence. That first sentence said it all. That first sentence that only had two words forming it, broke my heart and dreams into shreds.

"We're sorry."

Michael's POV
_________
_____
_

"Hello." I breathed into the speakers of my iPhone, lazily rubbing my eyes, and I look around my room for the time; 1:30 pm.

"M-Mikey I-I." I heard someone who sounded familiar chock up a sob. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, I couldn't tell who was on the other line because of their cries, so I pulled my phone away from my ear and look at the caller ID. Vivienne.