7 - Emerald

Michael's POV
_________
_____
_
(May 31st, 2015)

"Hurry and get here before she wakes up!" I heard Vivienne whisper shout through the speaker of my phone. Today was Florence's - Vivienne's mother - birthday, and like we do every year on her big day, we have planned to make her a cake while she's asleep and doesn't know what we're doing.

"I'm trying. I'm just a few houses away. I'll see you in a second." I rolled my eyes at my impatient best friend and hung up on her. Exactly like I had told Viv, I arrived at her place only a couple seconds later.

"Took you long enough." Vivienne scoffed at me as soon as I walked into the kitchen, where she was setting out all the ingredients to make her mom's cake.

"It took a total of ten minutes at the most. You're so impatient." I set down the medium-sized container of cream cheese flavored frosting I bought at a cheap gas station - Vivienne doesn't need to know that though - beside the other ingredients.

"I just want to get this done so we can surprise her when she walks in." Crossing her arms, Viv slid her back down the wall until she was seated on the cold linoleum floor.

"She's not going to be surprised 'cause we do this for her every year." I laughed at the pouting girl. "But we can still hurry and finish everything if you get up off the ground."

She raised her arms up to me, signaling that she needed help up. I grabbed ahold of her delicate arms and tugged her up to me. I didn't even realize how close we actually were 'till I looked down to see her chest barely an inch away from my own.

"Sorry," I mumbled out awkwardly, pushing her body away from mine even though I wish I could have just kept her standing there forever. "We should start now."

"Yeah." She agreed absentmindedly, watching me as I paced to the other side of the kitchen with her eyebrows scrunched up easily showing her confusion. "Are you okay?"

"O-of course!" I defended myself quickly - maybe even too quickly - and stanched the box of cake mix and pushed it over to the side of the island Vivienne was at. "Can you pour the mix out please?"

"Sure..." She held out her response as she watched my actions curiously, looking as if she wanted to question me but refrained from doing so.

Halfway through stirring all the ingredients together, I heard a small sigh escape Vivienne's mouth. "Michael?"

Still not speaking, I averted my gaze from the bowl full of vanilla cake batter, and to the girl, I have grown so many feelings for. She didn't say another word, she just let a mischievous smirk etch its way across her lips.

I stood in my spot as I watched her lift her right hand up in the air. Her hand was covered in flour and was fisted up with a handful trapped inside as well.

"Don't you da-" I started to growl out but stopped myself to gasp and let out a cough, making a cloud of white powder fly out from my mouth.

"Whoops." She giggled uncontrollably, her nose and eyebrows crinkling up as her sweet laugh sounded off around the both of us.

"You little devil." I tried my best to keep a straight face so she'd think I was mad at her, but I couldn't do it. "Why'd you do that?"