3 - Indigo

Michael's POV
_________
_____
_
(January 1st, 2015)

Ashton's annual New Years party, that both Vivienne and I go to every year, was always a definite killer. So when I woke up sprawled across my mattress - Viv by my side - and my head angrily throbbing, I wasn't so shocked.

Tossing and turning around on my creaky old bed, I tried my hardest to get comfortable without waking my best friend, which sadly didn't work out as I had imagined. Every bump and spring seemed to be out to torture me this morning, so I decided that I should just get out of bed and go downstairs.

Reluctantly pulling my body out from under the warm and fuzzy blankets that had been thrown on top of me and Vivienne sometime last night, and to my closet, for some comfortable clothes I could easily throw on after a much-needed shower.

I jogged my way from my room to my bathroom just across the hallway, slamming the door shut after I set my sweats and band tee down on the counter. Quickly, I turned on the warm water, stripped myself from the outfit I had worn last night, and happily jumped in the warm stream of water droplets.

After I was scrubbed free of all the stench and grime left on me from the party, I stepped out of the shower and into the cold, fogged-up bathroom air to dry off and change into the clean clothes I had brought in with me.

Giving up on the hopes of my headache disappearing during the shower, I opened up the cabinet below the sink, grabbing a bottle of pain relievers before walking out of the steamy room and back to where Viv was still sleeping.

I dumped out two of the pills into my hand, setting them on the nightstand on the side of the bed that Vivienne passed out on a few hours ago. Then making my way downstairs, to the kitchen, with the rest of the medicine bottle still in hand.

"Good Morning, Michael." My mom greeted me as soon as she heard my footsteps approach the room where I smelt the aroma of pancakes coming from.

"Morning," I grumbled back, my voice deeper and more gravelly than it usually is when I wake up to do to the massive hangover that's taken over my body.

"Have you took anything for your hangover yet?" She studied the discomforting look that made it's way onto my face as soon as the greetings to her left my mouth.

"Not yet, but I laid two pills out for Vivienne and brought the bottle down here with me." I sent her a half-smile, I was in too much agony to bother sending her an actual genuine one.

"Here, take some medicine for yourself and eat some pancakes." She pushed a plate full of the syrupy deliciousness, pored two pills out to the bottle that I had set down in front of me, and set them beside my plate.

I did as she said, taking the pain relievers and scarfed down my food. After I finished, I put a few pancakes onto a clean plate and poured some syrup on them - picking up a fork and a water bottle as well.

"Is that for Vivienne?" My mom questioned me, walking passed me and back into the kitchen with dirty dishes as I was walking out.

"Yeah, she hasn't woken up yet so I thought that I'd make a plate for her so she wouldn't have to come down and eat by herself." I nodded my head as I answered, slowly continuing to walk my way to the stairs.