Chapter Sixteen

Looking at Mike confusingly, the barely clothed woman laughed out loud, getting a kick out of her husband's story.

"You're seriously crazy. Are you sure it wasn't just a wacky vision?" She laughed.

"I'm sure, Carrie," the brunette said. "It was an  iguana."

"And it ran by your feet?" She giggled. "I missed this how?"

"You were in the bathroom!" He frowned, looking down at his toes. "I'm not lying. I thought they were afraid of people... Well, at least that's what I read. But this one wasn't at all."

"Mhm," she sneered. "I'm ready to relax! C'mon, let's get our butts to the beach."

The two began to walk away from the outdoor bathroom that they've been stopping at for the past three days. They laid their chairs out in their usual spot and cracked open a beer.

Feeling the light breeze through her hair, Carrie closed her eyes, taking in deep breathes. "I haven't been this relaxed in a while."

"Neither have I," Mike looked at the ocean. "It feels great."

Three hours later, Carrie was laying on her back, trying to tan what hadn't been in the sun yet. Her face was down and she was staring at Mike who's chiseled chest was also getting a darker shade.

"Honey, you're going to get sunburned," Carrie told her husband who was about to take a quick dip in the water.

"And you're not?" He laughed, looking at her body. "Are you going to come with me?"

"I think I'm fine," she smiled. "I'll be here when you get back." Mike leaned down to kiss her lips before walking to the water.

The sun continued to beat down on Carrie as she laid there, enjoying the noise of the waves hitting the shore behind her.

The blonde was calm until she saw felt something hit her leg, making her eyes shoot open. Thinking it was Mike, she turned around with a smile, but found no one there. Becoming a little suspicious, she put her head down slowly, not making a sound, waiting for it to happen again. But instead, something happened that wasn't expectable. An iguana had crawled onto her chair, sending her flying off of it with a shriek.

Mike came running over to his wife wondering why she was screaming. "What's going on?" He asked, his body soaked.

"It was on me!" She cried, breathing heavily and looking around her and Mike.

"What was?" He asked, gripping her shoulders so she could calm down.

"An iguana, Mike," her eyebrows furrowed and a frown formed on her face. "I hate those things." Mike couldn't help but laugh at his wife, who was freaking out. "Why are you laughing? You were scared too when one was by your feet!"

"I was not scared as much as you are right now," he laughed, "you're so cute!" Wrapping his wife up in a hug, he kissed her head and rubbed her back. "How about we back to the hotel and relax there without iguanas invading our space?"

Not minding his wet body pressing against hers, she nodded her head, looking into his eyes and pecking his lips once.

"We may be able to do something more than relaxing." She winked has he gripped her bottom.