Chapter Four

"I have been married for about a year and a half now to a woman I thought was the love of my life. Her name is Jennifer," Mike said as he took a bite out of his eggs. "We have a son, his name is Isaiah. He's a couple of months old now." He smiled big at the thought of his baby boy.

"So you're cheating on your wife with me and you're splitting up the only family your son knows. Nice Mike, real nice," Carrie said, glaring at him even harder then she was before.

"Hold on, there is more to my story, just listen," Mike begged reaching out for Carrie's hand. "Yesterday, Jennifer and I finalized our divorce. I caught her cheating on me with one of my good friends in Canada. Mark, you know, the guy from last night that your friend vanished with. Well, he went to the court house with me yesterday for moral support," Mike continued, "Jenny threw my mother's ring at me as we were walking out of the building." He pulled the ring out of his pocket and looked at it. "She was angry and chucked it at me, so I picked it up off the ground and shoved it into my pocket. When we went to the bar, I forgot to take it out. If I knew I would have told you, I swear, Carrie. I never wanted to hurt you," Mike ended, looking down at the ring.

Carrie, reasonably shocked, rubbed his back and arm muscles for support. "I get it Mike, you don't have to explain anymore." She paused for a second before continuing. "I was engaged before last night, but I ended things with my ex-fiancé. We had several problems," she admitted.

"It's tough isn't it," Mike whispered, "but if Jenny and I hadn't divorced and you hadn't broken up with your fiancé, then we wouldn't be here right now." He smiled as he looked into Carrie's eyes that showed pure love.

"Exactly," Carrie blushed. "Do you have any pictures of that baby boy of yours?" she asked. Mike smiled big as he took out his phone and showed her pictures of him and Isaiah. "He looks just like you!" Carrie smiled as she looked through the pictures. "How often do you get to see him now?" She questioned.

"We have another court hearing in a couple of weeks to figure out custody but right now she has him full time," Mike said, obviously upset. "She's gonna fight me tooth and nail for total rights. Hopefully it doesn't work out that way. I mean, a boy needs his daddy," he smiled.

That conversation soon led to the pair laughing as they talked about their childhoods and their careers. Both were very busy people and knew it would take a lot of effort to make their relationship work. They both were okay with the effort that they'd have to put in because it was worth it. But they weren't sure what their relationship was yet; they weren't officially dating.

"You broke your wrist while doing a cartwheel?" Mike asked in between a laugh.

"Yes!" Carrie laughed along as she watched tears come to Mike's eyes. "Oh, c'mon, it's not that funny!"

"Yes it is," Mike responded while wiping a tear away. "That was too good! Anymore stories as great as that one?"

Carrie shook her head 'no' as she nervously bit her lip. Mike looked the other way as she did that, he found lip biting attractive, especially when Carrie did it. It took all of him to not attack her lips right then and there. His thoughts were disrupted by the doorbell going off.

"That must be for me," Carrie announced, hopping up from her chair.

"Oh," Mike had no idea that Carrie spoke to Ivey. "Do you have to go?" He whined, walking side by side with the blonde to the front door.

"I'm afraid so," she pouted, opening the door to reveal Ivey standing there. Carrie quickly pecked Mike's cheek before she stepped through the doorframe. "Call me," she sexily said.

"Of course," Mike replied. As the two women turned around and walked to the cab that Ivey arrived in, he stared at Carrie's hips that swayed with every step that she took. His eyes were glued on the country singer and he couldn't take them off of her.

He was closing the door when he caught a glimpse of Carrie running towards his home. He quickly swung the door back open, wondering why she was returning.

"Mike," Carrie giggled, "I never gave you my number."

"Oh, right," Mike chuckled, "that would've been a disaster." He scouted for a pen and piece of paper and quickly jotted down the number that Carrie had told him.

"Okay, bye," Carrie blushed as soon as she knew Mike had the number written down. She propped herself up on her toes and gave him another kiss on the cheek, but this time closer to the corner of his mouth. She eyed his muscles one last time before she quickly jogged to the taxi and hopped in.

As the taxi roared away Mike placed his hand on the spot where she kissed him.
He wanted her needed her. He was going to have her.