Chapter Twelve

"Oh my gosh..." Mike gasped in total disbelief, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Jennifer is in very critical conditions and Isaiah has a broken arm and a ton of bruises," Josh informed Mike in a monotone.

The man couldn't believe this had happened. He was in total shock. All that he was worried about at this point was Jenny and Isaiah. "I'll be there by morning, okay? If anything happens call me, please," he gulped, Carrie giving him a very concerned looked.
Once he hung up, tears were building up in his eyes.

"Mike, what's going on?" Carrie asked anxiously, looking at her fiancé.

"Jennifer and Isaiah were involved in a terrible shuttle wreck. Jenny is in critical conditions and Isaiah has a broken arm," Mike answers, getting off of the bed.

"Oh my gosh that's terrible!" The blonde says, putting her clothes back on.

"I got to go to California now," he rushes.

"I'm coming with you," she says, looking at Mike.

Once the pair packed some clothes and toiletries, they headed off to the private airport to get on their jet.

"Mike, they're going to be okay, you just have to have faith," Carrie says, gasping onto his hand as they walked up into the jet.

Taking their seats, Mike and Carrie sat next to each other. The short blonde curled up to her fiancé.

"I knew something bad was going to happen," he admitted, wrapping his arm around her.

"Mike, it was a freak accident, neither you or I could have stopped that from happening," Carrie stated. "But I'm sure they're in good hands," she added, fiddling with his fingers.

"Gosh, you're always right," Mike laughed, planting a kiss on her temple.

"Not always, just most of the time," Carrie winked, giving Mike a kiss on the lips.

By the time the couple made it to California it was about six thirty AM. Carrie was asleep in Mike's arms.

"Hey babe, we're here," Mike says softly, waking her up.

Mike grabbed their bags and they got a taxi and headed to the hospital. Mike texted Josh and told him that they'd be there in ten minutes. "I wonder how Isaiah is holding up," says Mike, as he looked at Carrie.

"He's probably in shock," she asserted.

"We're here," the taxi driver says, parking in front of the hospital. Mike and Carrie grabbed their bags and payed the man, of course.

They walked hand in hand into the hospital. As they were checking in at the front desk, Josh was standing outside a room, directing them into it with a blank look on his face.

There sat Isaiah on a hospital bed watching cartoons, his arm in a cast and a patch over a portion of his forehead.

"I'll let you guys talk to him," Josh says, leaving the room, looking like he's about to cry.

"Hey, buddy, how are you feeling?" Mike asks Isaiah softly, sitting on the bed. Isaiah wasn't too enthusiastic about seeing Carrie and his father, he was in too much pain, on the inside and outside.

"My arm hurts," Isaiah whined. "They put this cool green thing on it!" He had bruises and scratches all over his little body.

"How's your mom?" Carrie asked, eyeing the graphic gashes that were stitched up on his leg.

The little boy's face instantly dropped. "She's in heaven," Isaiah whimpers, tears filling his eyes. "That's what the nice man told Josh." He used his tiny finger to point out of the door, towards a doctor.

That statement left both Carrie and Mike blind sided. By now Mike was in tears, he scooped the boy up into his arms and held him tight. Carrie stared at the son and father hugging, tears soon rolling down her cheeks.

"I love you so much, Isaiah," Mike said.

A/N - This chapter was written by the one & only, ourcountryqueenz <3 . I just added some things. Please, please, please comment & vote!!!
xoxo