Chapter Nine

Mike and Carrie both froze, not wanting to make a single movement. Carrie narrowed her eyes at Mike when they heard the stranger's foot steps on the shore. Mike tried to ignore his girlfriend giving him the death stare as their breathes were shaky and quiet.

"Show yourselves!" The voice sounded again. It was dark and the couple couldn't see the mysterious person and he couldn't see them. They assumed it was an old man. Mike's grip on Carrie tightened once they heard the man's shotgun load.

Carrie jumped, as did Mike, and suppressed her yelp as they heard the man fire a shot at the water.

The brunette knew he'd have to speak up if he wanted to get out of there alive.
"We're naked, sir," he gulped, his hands on Carrie's waist.

"Where's yer clothes?" He angrily asked, loading his gun again.

"On the cliff, sir," Mike told him, slowly inching his way to the shore, his arms and legs were becoming weak.

"Go get 'em," the old man croaked, using his shotgun to point to the direction of the path that lead up the hill to the cliff.

"Yes, sir," Mike responded. He stopped walking through the water when it was at his waist.
"You ready?" He quietly whispered into Carrie's ear, lightly pecking her earlobe.

"No," she shook her head that was still in the crook of Mike's neck. "I'm scared... and I don't want him to see us naked."

Mike chuckled a bit before hollering to the old man. "Can you look the other way while we walk up the hill?" He watched the man's figure turn his body around so his back was facing them.
"Okay, I'm going to put you down now," He warned Carrie, "we'll have to run as fast as we can towards the path." He gently set her in the water, it rising at her ribcage.

She crossed her arms over her chest, covering her exposed breasts, and nodded, a tear escaping her eye.

"Baby, don't cry," Mike frowned, bending down and kissing her tear away, "we're going to be fine. I promise you, I won't let anything bad happen to you, at all."

"Okay," the blonde whimpered, her wet hair sticking to her back.

Mike took ahold of her hand and sprinted towards the land. They ran as fast as they could to the top of the cliff, their wet bodies close to dry when they reached the peak. The two quickly slipped on their clothes.

"I say we make a run for it," Carrie giggled, her back to Mike. She was attempting to tie the strings of her bathing suit that wrapped around her neck. Her shivering hands made it difficult for her to tie it in a knot.

"And leave my car behind. Smart one," he laughed, watching Carrie struggle to tie the bathing suit and staring at her perfect body, his eyes lingering on her butt. "Need help?"

"Yes, please," the blonde pouted. She lifted her wet hair with both of her hands as Mike fiddled with the strings. He let the strings fall back onto her skin, not finishing what he offered to do. Instead, he rubbed his hands down the sides of her arms to her hips, gripping them lightly. His touch was turning Carrie on. She removed her hands from under her hair and light moans escaped her mouth as he kissed her neck. Mike's hands made their way up to her breasts as he roughly squeezed them.
"Okay, Mr." Carrie laughed turning her head to the side so she could kiss his lips. "Tie this, please."

He obliged and double-knotted it.
"We should go down there now before the crazy old man shoots one of us in the leg," Mike joked.

"I hope he doesn't," Carrie blushed, "let's hurry before that crosses his mind."

Mike and Carrie began to slowly walk down the hill, preparing themselves to get yelled at like teenagers. They were both nervous and had no prediction for what was going to happen.

"Took y'all long enough," the old man shouted as the pair reached the bottom of the slope. He was had flat rocks in his hands, throwing them at the water and making them skip above the surface of the lake. He was in his boxers and t-shirt with slippers on his feet.

"We apologize, sir," Mike uttered, taking ahold of Carrie's hand, trying to reassure her that everything was going to be alright.

"What's your name?" The man cooed.

"Mike Fisher and this is my girlfriend, Carrie Underwood... We're famous," Mike gulped, hoping that his added information would change the man's attitude.

"I don't care that y'all are well-known and have loads of money," the gray-whiskered man snapped. "Didn't your parents ever tell you that trespassing is illegal, son?" He asked, dropping his rocks and picking up his gun, cocking it. He started to take slow steps towards the two.

"Yes," Mike answered. Carrie's grip on his hand tightened. He noticed the old man's eyes locating on Carrie and then looking her up and down. "This was my idea," Mike pushed Carrie behind him. She buried her face in his shoulder, gripping his back muscles with her hands.

The man's brown eyes traveled to Mike. He stared into his blue eyes. Their eye contact was becoming more awkward for Mike as each second passed.

"Will you let us go?" Mike's voice was strong and husky. He was being extremely brave.

Slowly, the angry, old coot brought his gun up to Mike's bare chest. He poke his chest hard with the end of the gun, but Mike didn't stumble backwards.
"Get out of here," he snarled, looking behind Mike, "I never want you two back here again."

Mike glared at the man as he walked Carrie to his car. Carrie tried not to look back. She could feel the crazy man's eyes on them the whole time.

They picked up the blanket, picnic basket, and whatever else was theirs and threw it into the trunk of the car, quickly hopping in and speeding off.

"That was a close one!" Mike nervously said, taking deep breaths.

Carrie crossed her arms and turned towards him. "That was YOUR idea! See what you got us into? I told you to watch that trespassing sign!"

"Stop pretending like you didn't have a good time," Mike smiled. "I know I did." He kept his eyes focused on the road.
"What a great way to spend our seven month anniversary."

"That was a little fun," Carrie rolled her eyes, knowing she did have a good time. "Just take me home, I need to take a shower, I feel icky."

The celebrity couple walked hand in hand to Carrie's front porch. Mike was still in his swim trunks only and Carrie was only in her bikini.

"Thank you for tonight, babe," Carrie gushed. "I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it." Her statement elicited a giggle from her and Mike.

"I'll do it again any time!" Mike grinned. "I think I'll pass on the crazy man."

"Agreed," Carrie laughed. She opened her front door and turned to face Mike. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Mike replied leaning down to peck his girlfriend on the lips. Before his lips could reach hers, he felt her fingers curl around the top of his shorts, Carrie roughly pulling him down to her. They shared a passionate kiss as they walked into the home. Mike slipped his hand into Carrie's bottoms and tried to push a finger into her.

"Join me," Carrie bit her lip and smiled. She dragged Mike into the master bedroom and into the bathroom. There, articles of clothing were removed and the only sounds that filled the space were moans and water hitting their bodies and the bathtub. Even 'I love you's' were exchanged between their interaction.