{2}

Exsanguination- The action or process of draining or losing blood

Unsub- A person of unknown identity who is the subject of a criminal investigation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vernon! You got a call!"

The young boy rolled out from underneath the car he'd been working on. He cleaned his greasy hands on his jeans and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Where is my money Vernon! I've tried to be patient with you. I've given you the befit of the doubt because you're my son but this can't go on any longer. I need the money today."

"Mom, calm down. The money should be coming in soon I promise. I've even taken up another clean job and I'm really close to getting all of it." Clean. As in no shady business which had gotten him into this situation in the first place.

"No I can't have soon I need it today."

Vernon rested his head against the wall. He took a breath and ran his fingers through his brown hair in frustration.

"I'll bring by some today. I just need a little more time and I'll have everything I promise."

"No! All of it or don't even bother calling back because I'm done with you!" The line went dead.

He slammed the phone against the receiver. Damn it! He cursed silently. He tried everything he could to get that money. He'd had three years to do it but for a kid without even a GED 80,000 dollars was hard to come by.

He pounded his fist into the wall then let out a deep sigh that sounded more like a growl. He turned his body away from the phone and looked up. His boss and the customers were all staring at him. It wasn't something unusual. They always stared. They always judged, silently or aloud, his prominent western features. He wasn't one of them even though he'd grown up as such.

He uncurled the fists that had been forming. His rather long nails punctured his skin only slightly. However his jaw was still clenched and muscles still stiff out of frustration.

"You should learn to tame your employees Ahjusshi." A man in a navy blue suit scoffed. His thin nose was held high in the air as his dark eyes skimmed over the boy in disdain.

Tame. Like an animal. That's  what everyone saw him as and he knew it.

Before Vernon could scowl at him or make a remark the man shoved his coffee free hand in his pocket. The action reviled a holstered gun. An arrogant smirk was plastered into his face. He enjoyed the fear he could almost see pulsating through Vernon's body.

"I'm sorry about him sir." The owner of the shop bowed to the man in the suit. "You're done for the day." He nearly yelled with a look on his face that could kill.

"But-"

"Out!"

Great. Now how was Vernon supposed to get that money?

He threw his greasy clothes into his locker, changed, and then slung his bag over his shoulder. He was frustrated and beyond pissed. With how little his jobs payed and what little he was educated he could barely make money to live off of.

There was only one thing he could think to do. It was dangerous and illegal but it was the only option he seemed to have.

~~*~~

"Twenty three potential victims in total. Jungkook can you tell me how I've connected them all?" Detective Kwon asked as soon as the man in question opened the door. He set the doughnut he'd been trying to eat on a napkin on the meeting table.